Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Is this normal ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dijah.love View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dijah.love Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 9:42pm
I vividly remember my childhood from the time I was 3 until I was 13. But I barely remember high school. Probably because I spent most of my time trying to get out without regard to remembering my way out. I remember some of college though (granted, its only be 1.5 years)
Sponsored Links

Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by PRnena PRnena wrote:

Does anyone else have issues remembering the past? I honestly can't tell u half the ish that happened to me this year. Only within the last couple of months. My friend who is majoring in psychology says its because I disassociate. Its sorta scary because I'm only 19(barely).

Maybe I need to eat more veggies
i had problems..(well still do sometimes) remembering things after i had my babies. Confused weird right? i have a hard time remembering important things..i can remember all the stupid funny crap in the world...i remember what happend in 1990..or some old heart break... ask me what i did last week and i'll be like. : "..... ...."Confused! im not sure why thats happening.so weird...but ppl trigger memories for me all the time.Geek
NadiaPost View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NadiaPost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 9:49pm
I remember everything. My memory is crazy the only time my memory lapses is when I stress about something. Meditation and self hypnosis is great for memory renewal
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 9:50pm
@PH we used to watch monk. It just brings me sadness that the show ended and we don't have that bonding moment anymore. I don't remember much of what we did when we watched it. Just that I felt closeness with my grandfather

I feel like the men in black flashed my memory away .

@ lady ice. I can remember random dumb moments occasionally.
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by NadiaPost NadiaPost wrote:

I remember everything. My memory is crazy the only time my memory lapses is when I stress about something. Meditation and self hypnosis is great for memory renewal

Tell me more about this self hypnosis
NadiaPost View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NadiaPost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by PRnena PRnena wrote:

Originally posted by NadiaPost NadiaPost wrote:

Tell me more about this self hypnosis

It's in the realm of meditation but it's deeper imo. They have android hypnosis apps that are pretty good. I use them when I can't sleep. People think hypnosis is like what you see on tv where they say one word and you start barking like a dog when in actuality hypnosis is the complete opposite.
Samoneisthebest View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Samoneisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 10:57pm
I think you have a legitimate reason to be concerned. I honestly wouldn't look to people for advice when it comes to mental health issues. Most will just tell you not to worry about it you are just ____, ____ and ____. Or give you anecdotal evidence to prove you are like them or someone they know.

I suggest you see a professional if you are able to.
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 11:01pm
@nads imma look it up

@samone I have good insurance. I just am weary of professionals. Especially in FL. All these docs SUCK. Sooo bad its cray. Omg
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 11:17pm
i used to have an immaculate memory. if ur a person of interest, i will remember everything that comes out of your mouth, conversations verbatim that span back sometimes as far as a few years and automatically catch inconsistencies in any future stories. that and dates, times and sometimes even what clothes we both wore. Thats how i busted my ex on a bunch of sh*t. but after i had a bout of depression/anxiety over the summer my memory hasnt been the same, or perhaps its because i dont have the energy to donate to it anymore. I miss it sometimes
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

My brother was like that and then was diagnosed with some type of depression, I forgot what it's called.  His doctor said that he had basically blocked out events in his life and never really dealt with them.

Both of my older sisters are like this(they grew up with my mom) and I think that they have PTSD.

Lamp not sure how u missed this gem the first time.. but i quoted it again for you.

Edited by f8dagrate - Dec 31 2012 at 3:07am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic