Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Fashion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is this dress too much for a wedding?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

Author
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is this dress too much for a wedding?
    Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 11:09pm
Sponsored Links

Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 11:12pm
My best "couple friends" are engaged. They are getting married in April, and I am looking for something spicy yet polished to wear to their wedding. My SO says the dress is "too much," but I love it. What do you guys think? I was something long, that still gives the illusion of showing skin, and I love lace. I will keep looking at other dresses though.
missdeeluxe View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missdeeluxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 11:16pm
It's a gorgeous dress, the color is right but it is too much, imo.

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 11:17pm
you're tall and shapely right? no. 
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

you're tall and shapely right? no. 

I am. Ok. Y'all always side with him. LOL
MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 11:22pm
I think it's inappropriate for a wedding. I wouldn't want my guest wearing that. It IS beautiful tho. And you KNOW you look good if you could consider wearing that to anywhere. Maybe for a celeb wedding? lol

Consider maybe a laced-top form-fitting dress like this one, with less show and drama at the bottom of the dress.

Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 11:33pm
Thanks for the input. I'm trying not to overdo it. I wore this to our last wedding event, and he accused me of overdoing the cleavage. I want to tone it down, but still be sexy. If that makes sense.

MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 11:47pm
That is cute too, but for me, too much for a wedding (maybe it's my Nigerian talking lol).

I'm thinking something along the lines of THIS. Not exactly tho. Like, I don't like the neckline. I wouldn't wear this in black.

eta: click the link then click on the bluish dress. I couldn't make the link go to that one.

Edited by MizzAmirah - Jan 22 2013 at 11:48pm
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by MizzAmirah MizzAmirah wrote:

That is cute too, but for me, too much for a wedding (maybe it's my Nigerian talking lol).

I'm thinking something along the lines of THIS. Not exactly tho. Like, I don't like the neckline. I wouldn't wear this in black.

eta: click the link then click on the bluish dress. I couldn't make the link go to that one.

Oh, I do like that. Thanks.
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 11:49pm
Are these too much too?

This one would not be in red. I'd most likely go with a royal blue.

I'm not sure about this one.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair