Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is this a good moisturizing conditioner?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
KunoichiNindroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is this a good moisturizing conditioner?
    Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 6:13am

I'm going to wash my hair tomorrow and I'm in the process of reversing a protein overload. So far most moisturizing conditioners I come across have silicones and protein somewhere. I wash using tresemme luxurious moisture conditioner but it made my hair slightly hard when it dried. Even after I loaded it with glycerin. I wash looking at my brothers conditioner, I actually picked it out for him when he relaxed his hair but I didn't at it too carefully. It's a small name brand so I can't get any data on it from the internet. Here's the info 

Name: Organics Conditioner for dry and damaged hair with shea butter

Description: Nature's own remedy of Natural Shea Butter is well known for its excellent moisturising and soothing properties. ORGANICS revitalising conditioner enriched with Shea butter will help quench dry and damaged hair

Ingredients: Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethiconol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Parfum(Fragrance), Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydrantoin, TEA-Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Lysine HCl, Glycine Soja, Butyrospermum Parkii, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Sodium Hydroxide, Limonene, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicyclate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional

Does this conditioner contain any no no's for protein overload? It appears to be silicone and protein free but I'm not sure. Also, where exactly is the Shea Butter in the ingredients?

Sponsored Links

rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 12:43pm
No protein but has silicone. Have you tried adding
oils or honey to your conditioner?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 2:16pm
Which ones the silicone? And yea, I did. Adding olive oil made my hair even harder to moisturize afterwards. I think oils and silicones are a probably a bad combo. And the honey made my hair feel weird and stiff, even after I rinsed my hair with warm water a dozen times.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 2:18pm
I actually used the last of mt EVOO doing that :(
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 3:33pm
Dimethiconol is the silicone. Normally when i can't get a conditioner to work I'll add all types of moisturizing conditioners and it works even adding non food grade aloe vera gel help. Castor oil is a good moisturizing oil.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 3:43pm

Bummer :( Dunno what I'll do now. Hmm, I use castor oil for my scalp so I have some handy. I always thought it was too thick to add to conditioners. Guess I'll try this before I get another conditioner.

yahya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 8:42am
does you hair feel stiff and hard to moisturize while the mixed conditioner is in your hair or afterwards? what has been making your hail feel better?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 4:34pm

@yahya If you're asking about the honey mix, it made my hair feel stiff from the moment it was put on. I thought it was just the stickiness of the honey, but I rinsed my hair a lot and with warm (almost hot) water too. Btw, my protein overload problems cleared up! So glad. I can coconut oil on my hair and it doesn't get crunchy. I only use a teensy bit though coz I'm scared.

This conditioner turns out to be really good. I can't remember the last time a conditioner made my hair feel so good. And it's so affordable! Now that I think of it, I remember having a roommate once who used this shampoo and conditioner. Her natural hair was ridiculously soft. Lol, shouldn't have turned my nose up to it. I feel terrible that I have to give tresemme a thumbs down Unhappy But honestly, it made my hair feel terrible. And I thought the world of their products when I read the reviews.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply