Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Is there such a thing as too personal?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Yes, there are things that are too private and no one knows about them except for me (or me and whoever else was there at the time).

My personal rule is I don't tell anyone ANYTHING, unless I wouldn't mind it being known by EVERYONE. There is no such thing as a secret.

Only time two people can keep a secret is if one of them is dead.

pretty much. i never regret cutting someone off in fear they'll tell my business, cuz i dont tell anyone anything damaging
Sponsored Links

Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 12:56am
Some secrets need to be kept just that....secrets. I don't give a damn how much someone close to you or otherwise says "It's ok...you can tell me anything." or "You can trust me".

It's all bullshyt. Because as long as we're dealing with other humans, they ALL have the capability to judge, misinterpret, and treat or look at you differently because of said secret.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 1:26am
there are certain things that I will never in this life speak aloud.  it ain't wise to tell all.
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 6:46am
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

all my life, I've always been that person people confide in..people tell me everything about their personal lives and I have no idea why

..I ain't telling you sh!t thoughLOL, some things are better left unsaid and kept close to your heart.

This has always been me too. I have had strangers in the waiting room at a doctor's office tell me things that make me go Shocked. People just feel comfortable telling me things. I have actually helped people with the advice I gave so I guess its a blessing.

MsBMW View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 6:49am
Originally posted by iWorship_BlackGirl iWorship_BlackGirl wrote:

I don't get close with anyone...The only person I'm close with is my mother. I'm not even that much personal with my grandma. And it takes an extremely long time for me to get close to a chick. I've never been in a relationship that long for me to reach that level of trust. I would have to be with a chick at least a full year before I fully open up like that. It may be my Cancerian ways. But even then... I don't trust these hoes.... they just want the guap.

Out of all my close "friends" I never revealed secret things to them...So technically every friend I've ever had was an associate. I don't trust these hoes... I don't trust these n* s.
I only had two female Best Friends in my life..and I never told them all my secret...
AshBash89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 7:13am
Originally posted by iWorship_BlackGirl iWorship_BlackGirl wrote:

Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

I have some things that I will take to grave with me. I'm not a very open person.

Uh oh... You aint let them kappas run that train did you? But that's messed up.. I hope you don't get married keeping hidden secrets from your husband, cause I'm sure you'd wan't him to tell you everything. I don't think you'll ever have succesful relationships keeping secrets to the grave like that.

How are you sure of what I would want? I don't know you man, go that way--->
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 7:18am
I'm a classic over sharer . You could talk to me for one second and know my whole life story. Well maybe I'm exaggerating a little but I really dont keep my mouth shut. Lol.
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 7:34am
Yes, I have secrets that I have not shared with anyone - I will take them to the grave.

I do not believe in telling your/partner husband everything either  ....  keep some mystery in the relationship - Geesh.Confused

(Heck, I have a couple friends that have known for a good 10 years that still think I am wearing my real hair!)

Edited by Printer_Ink - Nov 20 2013 at 7:36am
Krystal Klear View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krystal Klear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 7:40am
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Yes, I have secrets that I have not shared with anyone - I will take them to the grave.

I do not believe in telling your/partner husband everything either  ....  keep some mystery in the relationship - Geesh.Confused

(Heck, I have a couple friends that have known for a good 10 years that still think I am wearing my real hair!)

are they white?
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 8:12am
No, they are Black .. but I am not wearing that long 22 inch straight hair that looks so great that it invites attention everywhere I go.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic