Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is There Anything Wrong With Passing for Black?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Is There Anything Wrong With Passing for Black?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by JulieGianni JulieGianni wrote:

Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

so we claiming rita ora now? lol...she's a real caucasian (caucasian proper not the meaning it has now)

That "Caucasian" term means nothing in relation to whiteness in modern times.  Your racial identifiers are grossly outdated. 
I'm not sure what you mean...I actually loathe the way the term has essentially been hijacked from groups/people who would most likely be considered as "people of colour"

many caucasians (as in those from the caucasus region like ora, not the modern, "common" meaning which is indeed an example of gross misappropriation) are actually trying to reclaim that term and so they should

Edited by CherryBlossom - Jun 12 2014 at 1:55pm
Sponsored Links

keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 1:05pm
There's this doctor I know that looks black, but he is Indian. He says he uses it to his advantage when it comes to black patients because they trust him more and give him more info. He looks like pharrell a little bit. 
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

LOLI was being facetious lilaca

...I did come across her pic on a tumblr focused on famous black girls..must not have met many people from the balkansDead

scust!
LOL
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 1:28pm

Originally posted by Lilaca Lilaca wrote:

Originally posted by Jess Jess wrote:

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

I wonder if Rachel Roy passed for Black
Oh my. I thought she was black without a doubt.

She is
She is half indian half white

I read that her father was "Dutch born".

You can be a black Jamaican and still be "English born" provided you were born before, what, 1962?
*Googles* i thought one of her parents were dutch... i am british but not called 'English' even though i am born over here, we are generally referred to 'afro-caribs, west indians, black british caribs, black british africans. Never just English. I'd assume if her dutch parent was black they'd be called 'black dutch' or something. LOL

Edited by Lilaca - Jun 12 2014 at 1:29pm
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by keepgrowing keepgrowing wrote:

There's this doctor I know that looks black, but he is Indian. He says he uses it to his advantage when it comes to black patients because they trust him more and give him more info. He looks like pharrell a little bit. 
Don't excite him (pharrell) 
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 1:32pm
Rachel Roy was born on January 15, 1974 in California. She was raised with her brother Rajendra Roy, now the Chief Film Curator of the Museum of Modern Art in New York. She is of mixed racial ancestry: her mother is Dutch and her father is Indian.

Roy grew up in California, and attended Seaside High School along the Monterey Peninsula in Northern California. She attended Columbia Union College and Washington Adventist University in Takoma Park, Maryland, majoring in Liberal Arts. Roy graduated in 1996. After graduation, she moved to New York to continue her work in retail, as well as her work as a stylist.

Roy has two daughters with Damon Dash: Ava, born December 7, 1999 and Tallulah, born May 14, 2008. She and Dash were married from 2005 to 2009.[1] In 2011, there was speculation that she and Dwight Freeney were dating.[2]

goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 1:44pm

My last doctor was dark skinned Indian....

....i didn't think he was black though I mean when your name is Amit Patel...who was he fooling?

..but in general I do trust "doctors of color" more... 

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

My last doctor was dark skinned Indian....

....i didn't think he was black though I mean when your name is Amit Patel...who was he fooling?

..but in general I do trust "doctors of color" more... 

I work with a lot of dark skin Indians, but he looked like a black man. He is an ER physician.

ETA: I think it is also because he is bald. With hair, he can't sit with us.

Edited by keepgrowing - Jun 12 2014 at 2:03pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 1:52pm

LOLLOL right?

On the other-hand, this confirms Pharrell's blackness even more since this Indian man is passing for black by looking like Pharrell. 
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 2:04pm

LOLLOL right?

On the other-hand, this confirms Pharrell's blackness even more since this Indian man is passing for black by looking like Pharrell. 
Lawd, Don't give him nightmaresLOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style