Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is There Anything Wrong With Passing for Black?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Is There Anything Wrong With Passing for Black?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Journey94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Journey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

I sense some lies.

This. I want a picture.

I've never seen a person look black that wasn't black. You can be black and not look black, but not the other way around.

Rita Ora

She isn't "non black", their African roots are not that far back no matter how they try to hide it. There were African slaves in Albania. So the person you replied to is still correct. She looks black because she has black blood. Nobody that has 0 "black blood" looks black.

They are called " dark or ethnic whites" for a reason, they have mixed ancestry but obviously the larger percentage is Caucasian/White or whatever you wanna call it.
Sponsored Links

CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 5:49am
so we claiming rita ora now? lol...she's a real caucasian (caucasian proper not the meaning it has now)

Edited by CherryBlossom - Jun 12 2014 at 5:51am
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 6:06am
White and Indian with curly hair and looks black.
Yea....I can't get a picture of this in my head. 
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 6:17am
lol sang

...all the mixed white/indian I've known almost always look white

..maybe with a slight tan/olive skin but black? hmmm...its a stretch tbh esp without pics

Edited by CherryBlossom - Jun 12 2014 at 6:30am
Blac1Chyna View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blac1Chyna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 8:21am
if you look black enough that even black people assume you're black, you need to shake your family tree cuz lucy got some splainin to do
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 8:28am
Originally posted by HowardAlumAKA HowardAlumAKA wrote:

I dont think she knows her roots.

one of my friends had no idea she had an Asian background. She would tell people she was half asian and half black but both her parents were black. She had the chinky eyes and the silky hair but her skin was dark. Her father was in and out of her life so she never got to meet his side of the family.  Years later he passed and when she went to his funeral  it was nothing but asians there. Turns out his mother is Cambodian. Her father was the only one with a black father, the rest of her aunts and uncles were full Cambodian. 
Confused
Her mom didn't know the father of her child was half Asian?
She would tell people she was half Asian even though she didn't have any idea if she had an Asian background?
I'm confused. Did you mean she was unaware that she had such a huge Cambodian family?
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 8:28am
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

so we claiming rita ora now? lol...she's a real caucasian (caucasian proper not the meaning it has now)

It's just her nose.
JulieGianni View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulieGianni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Journey94 Journey94 wrote:

Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

I sense some lies.

This. I want a picture.

I've never seen a person look black that wasn't black. You can be black and not look black, but not the other way around.

Rita Ora

She isn't "non black", their African roots are not that far back no matter how they try to hide it. There were African slaves in Albania. So the person you replied to is still correct. She looks black because she has black blood. Nobody that has 0 "black blood" looks black.

They are called " dark or ethnic whites" for a reason, they have mixed ancestry but obviously the larger percentage is Caucasian/White or whatever you wanna call it.

ClapClapStarStarStarStarClapClapClap
JulieGianni View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulieGianni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 9:27am
Originally posted by Jess Jess wrote:

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

I wonder if Rachel Roy passed for Black
Oh my. I thought she was black without a doubt.

She is
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 10:47am
I wouldn't want to be called something that i'm not either. Nothing wrong with that. But she does look black.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>