Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is There Anything Wrong With Passing for Black?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is There Anything Wrong With Passing for Black?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
thewonderfulwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thewonderfulwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 1:25pm
I encountered this with a associate of mine explains often that she is Panamanian but no one knows or cares when you are sitting amongst a group of black people many might assume it but why feel need to say something???
So know people ask her if she doesn't like people and she doesn't understand WHY.
Sponsored Links

mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

I sense some lies.

MMMMmmmhmmm
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

I wonder if Rachel Roy passed for Black
Oh my. I thought she was black without a doubt.
callmeDEva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote callmeDEva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 2:55pm
I personally wouldn't care..my best friend is multiracial and just tells people she's black. She always has.

However my college roommate would tell people her ethnicity based on who she was talking to. If it was a guy questioning her "exotic" looks, she would ramble off all these different races. On st. Patricks day, she's 1/4 Irish. But when she's around all black people, it's "oh yeah I'm just black." That would annoy me.
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 2:56pm
this is a non issue for me...
Journey94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Journey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 3:10pm
Hmmm I doubt they think she's black because of her skin tone. I want to see her features. I actually read a few years ago that a lot of "mulattos" as they called them back then passed for American Indian instead of claiming their African roots. They couldn't pass as white because they looked too ethnic.

It's just hard to believe since people very well know that Indians are called "brown" people so skin tone would be irrelevant since those of African descent & Asian descent come in many shades. Same range of skin tones but different phenotypes.
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 3:32pm
As long as she's not ratchet, I'm ok with it. If u look black, u r black in my book. Likewise if u look white, u r white.
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 4:02pm

I sense some lies.

This. I want a picture.

I've never seen a person look black that wasn't black. You can be black and not look black, but not the other way around.
HowardAlumAKA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HowardAlumAKA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 5:46pm
I dont think she knows her roots.

one of my friends had no idea she had an Asian background. She would tell people she was half asian and half black but both her parents were black. She had the chinky eyes and the silky hair but her skin was dark. Her father was in and out of her life so she never got to meet his side of the family.  Years later he passed and when she went to his funeral  it was nothing but asians there. Turns out his mother is Cambodian. Her father was the only one with a black father, the rest of her aunts and uncles were full Cambodian. 
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

I sense some lies.

This. I want a picture.

I've never seen a person look black that wasn't black. You can be black and not look black, but not the other way around.

Rita Ora
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>