Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Is the celebrity system dying?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2013 at 12:25am
Originally posted by princesshoneybee princesshoneybee wrote:

Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

fucc them actors. alot of them get paid too much antyways.

but they deserve it though
*pumps the brakes*

LOL NAH!!

if by "deserve" you mean "filled a contractual obligation to show up someplace(s) and say some written script before a moving image recording device of some kind" then sure.

they "deserve it".
Sponsored Links

princesshoneybee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princesshoneybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2013 at 12:50am
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

fucc them actors. alot of them get paid too much antyways.

but they deserve it though
Stern Smile

It's simple economics my dear. If a film grosses 300 million worldwide. giving an actor 5 million is fair. they are a part of the movie and can help put butts in seats. the studio still takes home WAAY more than the actors. entertainers are wealthy but no where near the net worth of business men and entrepenuers for that matter.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2013 at 12:55am
the actors deserve a piece of the pie but as usual the people working their butts off in the background aren't getting as much as they deserve of the cut.  it's such a greedy industry...everything is all glam and millions and free shyt for the execs and stars but the production crew, stylists, assistants, etc live on dirt.
demilee27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote demilee27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2013 at 1:40am
they dont give anough credit to AA actors/actresses. I was told that if you go and see an AA movie and the name of the movie isnt on the ticket stubb that movie isnt getting credit for the purchase price of the ticket.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2013 at 2:10am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Hmmm, there should be a 'how much does each occupation deserve' thread. It would be interesting to see how valuable some careers are to some people.

YES...please make that tomorrow afternoon...like 2 pm.Thumbs Up
I think I will.

Teachers better be getting paid in my thread.LOL
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2013 at 3:17am
Originally posted by demilee27 demilee27 wrote:

they dont give anough credit to AA actors/actresses. I was told that if you go and see an AA movie and the name of the movie isnt on the ticket stubb that movie isnt getting credit for the purchase price of the ticket.

I don't quite understand what you mean?
princesshoneybee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princesshoneybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2013 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

And it's hard for me to feel bad for celebs/actors/Hollywood anyway because at it's core, it's a racist establishment that misrepresents and undermines the efforts of POC.

Am I supposed to jump for joy that almost 70 years after Hattie McDaniel played a maid in Gone With the Wind, black people are still getting awards for playing mammies in The Help?SleepyPinch

Rant over.

valid point there
binky622 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binky622 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2013 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

is it really sad?
Nope.
agreed.

its by design though bc the big stars command a higher price they would rather pay reality tv folks a bulk amount and the network rack up serious ratings/money. So I notice established celebs playing that game exploiting their private lives to stay relevant.  
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2013 at 2:16pm

Now in the age of youtube, social networking and blogging. It seems like anyone can become a star. The entertainment industry is becoming more saturated than ever.  This has resulted in lower pay checks for top movie stars because people are less fascinated with fame now and actors can no longer open a film on name alone. Nowadays people are more concerned with overall plot, special effects and franchise affiliation than actual movie stars. Do you think the hollywood star system is dying? Will you miss it if it goes? I love actors and film. It's sad to see that we wont have another Leonardo Dicaprio, Johnny Depp, Julia Roberts or Will Smith.

I haven't noticed this. Link to the pay check thing?
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2013 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

I was so shocked at Maggie Gyllenhaal in The Dark Knight.
That was a ....weird choice.

She's kinda funny looking

dude, they keep picking funny ass looking women for that franchise...katie holmes though?  we're to believe that two face and batman will fight to the death for maggie?  then we get marion cotillard...i think she's very pretty but it's not conventional pretty...i think thats what they kept going for but missed until the 3rd film.

Pacey and Dawson fought over her. Why not Batman?LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>