Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is The Black Bougie Wealthy Class been just as det
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Is The Black Bougie Wealthy Class been just as det

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 12:29pm
LOL

I love you so much ragin.  This is bullsh*t.  We did/do all this sh*t to be in their world and put up with their sh*t and we're just highly paid "niccahs' to them.  The whole thing is a fckn farce.  
Sponsored Links

iliveforbhm View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 1:18pm
I wasn't victim blaming.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 1:20pm
yes...and no.  those upper class blacks are used against us in a sense of "look...they got thru...why can't u?" but not including the reasons why they were "let" thru.  I've heard it said on The BHM that we couldn't have a real revolution because we always have those who are in fear for their position to sell us out.  Read most so called black leaders. And from what i've seen in history...welp..it ain't exactly untrue.   We do have some moneyed blacks for the cause somewhat but they not tryna lose the wealth they got because they "care" about their people's.  We're the only ones not "allowed" to help our own.  Reverse racism etc etc.

I do sometimes think if those elitist blacks lose their shirts they would then be willing and/or have a reason to fight for the people.  They would see their position more clearly. 

sorry for the excessive use of quotes.

Edited by newdiva1 - Mar 26 2014 at 1:23pm
bigsexylisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote bigsexylisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 3:25pm
I had this discussion with a friend recently.  Black people in positions of power aren't "looking out" the same way they did back in the day.  My mother worked for the Fed. Government.  She was the first black female supervisor in her region back in the 70's, and she said she made sure every time there was a position open, if a black person applied, she hired them.  She got her position because the old black guy in the mail room showed her a job announcement that she wasn't even supposed to see.  Seems like these days, people have forgotten how they got to where they are in the first place.  You may have worked hard and pulled yourself by your own bootstraps, but you still have to acknowledge that to these white folks, you're just another n* --so why not help out the next person?  Upper class black people seem to segregate themselves from lower class blacks as if white America really shares in that distinction.  It's really sad.  We love to talk about helping our brothers and sisters, but let them put some subsidized housing up in Buckhead...they would burn that place down before that was allowed to happen. 
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 7:43pm
Thank you two. Very true we are all in this together.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 4:11am
And black churches
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 4:47am
guuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 4:52am
Originally posted by bigsexylisa bigsexylisa wrote:

I had this discussion with a friend recently.  Black people in positions of power aren't "looking out" the same way they did back in the day.  My mother worked for the Fed. Government.  She was the first black female supervisor in her region back in the 70's, and she said she made sure every time there was a position open, if a black person applied, she hired them.  She got her position because the old black guy in the mail room showed her a job announcement that she wasn't even supposed to see.  Seems like these days, people have forgotten how they got to where they are in the first place.  You may have worked hard and pulled yourself by your own bootstraps, but you still have to acknowledge that to these white folks, you're just another n* --so why not help out the next person?  Upper class black people seem to segregate themselves from lower class blacks as if white America really shares in that distinction.  It's really sad.  We love to talk about helping our brothers and sisters, but let them put some subsidized housing up in Buckhead...they would burn that place down before that was allowed to happen. 

truth.  not to say everything was perfect then but from what my gramma says we were a more cohesive community then.  Didn't matter if u were new to the neighborhood or not.  We were like 1st generation, non papers having Messican's (yes she said Messican's with a capital M) back then.   We were more likely to watch out for each other.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 4:53am
I will say that my gramma does make that distinction between black folks and nig.guhs.  not sure if that means anything but...
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 5:49am
My father says the same thing. And grandparents.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic