Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is The Black Bougie Wealthy Class been just as det
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Is The Black Bougie Wealthy Class been just as det

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 9:13am
Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

My opinion, colorism is not the basis for black social class anymore. Removing that, the foundation of this argument is pretty weak.

I reference colorism between the 1970s to 1920s, it's no longer the issue, but we still have a "Black Elite" to monitor and help control the lower class of the black population. The paperbag test is no longer an issue, because all blacks whether light skin to dark skin, mixed and etc don't matter if you look African descent, then you are treated as such.

My opinion, the black wealthy are completely apathetic towards the lower. If that's what you mean by "monitor and control" then ok.

Sponsored Links

iliveforbhm View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 9:27am
OK, cool so what else on the subject can you drop that is knowledgeable
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 9:51am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

damn I agree with this

*consoles samone*
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:15am
Colourism never affected how the dollar circulated within the black community

The primary stumbling block for negro financial growth is "blackcism", the process by which we internalise racism and respectability politics and project that on our own kind and the barriers which we put amongst ourselves. Furthermore how we view ourselves on the food chain has an impact and lastly using barometers of success, diplomacy business efficiency based on models that do not really apply to us is a major stumbling block. Dome principles, economics for example, are not as fluid as they try to make us believe

And finally, access. We have been living in an illusion, the illusion of inclusion and access that we steer our funds away from vital black businesses that would benefit our communities as a whole.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:15am
OP you really need to be 10x removed from you previous trolling coon behavior for people to take you serious.  You just said a couple of days ago you were going to leave the country and let us "have" the thugs, hoes and welfare class. 

You need to be on the team before you can lead it.   You tried though and that's something.  We just don't find you earnest and sincere.   Sorry...

Edited by kfoxx1998 - Mar 26 2014 at 10:15am
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:19am
Haven't read the thread yet but the black bougeroise(sp?) is a great book. Wouldn't mind having a book thread on it.  
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:54am
Lol doc!!
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 11:42am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Colourism never affected how the dollar circulated within the black community

The primary stumbling block for negro financial growth is "blackcism", the process by which we internalise racism and respectability politics and project that on our own kind and the barriers which we put amongst ourselves. Furthermore how we view ourselves on the food chain has an impact and lastly using barometers of success, diplomacy business efficiency based on models that do not really apply to us is a major stumbling block. Dome principles, economics for example, are not as fluid as they try to make us believe

And finally, access. We have been living in an illusion, the illusion of inclusion and access that we steer our funds away from vital black businesses that would benefit our communities as a whole.

Clap Agreed!
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 11:44am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

OP you really need to be 10x removed from you previous trolling coon behavior for people to take you serious.  You just said a couple of days ago you were going to leave the country and let us "have" the thugs, hoes and welfare class. 

You need to be on the team before you can lead it.   You tried though and that's something.  We just don't find you earnest and sincere.   Sorry...

Okay, I'll find another forum to troll and I been thinking of a new gimmick, but wouldn't work on this site.
ragincajin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 11:52am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

OP I'm actually glad you're thinking about this because a lot of sh*t you say comes off as being out of touch with the actual struggle of poor disenfranchised brown people.   I think you should continue to explore the information and history because it might help keep me from cussing you out and calling you a coon on a regular basis. 

LOL Okay who cares what I think but I'm being somewhat serious.  

Its good to remember how Plymouth Rock landed on us and taught us how to treat our own people with disdain in order to convince ourselves that all we need to do is x,y and/or z in order for them to let those of us who are "not like a black person" win. 

And black celebrities aint nothing but niccahs when they fck up.  They go from "not like a normal black person" to a dirty niccah in the blink of an eye. 

Thanked Kfoxx. Thanked indeed.

Victim blaming disgusts me. The reasons why we are, what and where we are, are myriad and complicated.

But from the beginning to the end, it is a circumstance that we did not go looking for- it looked for, found, bound, shackled, shatt upon and spit upon us.

Last time I looked, most of us, no matter the education level, what we do for a living, etc., (see the US President as a prime example) still have footprints on our necks and shackles on our wrists.

Are we innocent (drugs, violence against our own?, etc.?) No. And we have to square with that.

But make no mistake about it: this was and remains a well orchestrated, frontal (albeit subtly at times) attack with no draw down date.

By the way, every professional I need to see (dentists, physicians, CPAs...) is black. I find, pay for and support the best I can find in black. Period.

Now let me get the fu*k off this site so I can go back to catering to rich white folk. Damn.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic