Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Is that a weave???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Malexandre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malexandre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2013 at 1:47pm

I am only giving my opinion,

I enjoyed watching Chris Rock movie, I felt like it was accurate for the most part.

Black women are the number one consumer of weave, wig, and extension. It came to a point that it is more common to see a black woman with a weave, wig, extension on than w/o. White women wear extension/weave wig, yes, but the percentage of white women wearing “fake” hair is considerably lower.

We are the only race in the planet that wears other people hair more often than our own hair. {I am talking about percentage; please excuse my choice of words). So yes I understand why Chris Rock movie was targeting black women.

Black people have all kind of hair type and length but most of the time our real hair has nothing to do with the silky blond 20 inches hair that we have been wearing lately.  Unfortunately there s a lot more women out there with unrealistic install than there ‘s who are actually trying to make their  “ fake” hair look real.

I understand that we are women, we like to switch up our style, I understand the protective styling advantage of weave/wig/extension, however I understand why other races and men are questioning not only the amount of money we put into weave every year as well as why we are the only race wearing other people’s hair more than our own.

There’s no reason to be mad at Chris Rock. I know a lot of you would have loved for Chris to show the positive side, however, like a lot of women like to say: everybody is free to do as they wish and Chris Rock is free to use his money how he wishes.

We need to stop being mad every time somebody is not eating in the palm of our hand.  A lot of us refuse to listen, to hear critics, and learn from arguments. If it is not our way it is the highway, this is not the way to evolve in life.

Chris Brown wasn’t trying to “sell” us out. This is how people of other races and a lot of black men (if we were not constantly trying to emasculate them) see us, and our weave obsession. 

Sponsored Links

JaceDummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JaceDummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2013 at 2:33pm
^^^
He was trying to sell us out. Oprah wears indian hair but made sure she didnt have it in for that interview.

Please stop drinking the White is right Kool Aid. I dont know anyone with Becky blonde hair in their heads.

I respect your opinion; however, I think there's a deeper issue amongst Black men and women and it starts with our entertainment industry. Theres a bigger picture here...I just dont think you see it. It's bigger than someone not eating out of the palm of our hand. But as I've said, I believe in conspiracies.
pebbles251 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pebbles251 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2013 at 5:51pm

Malexandre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malexandre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2013 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by JaceDummy JaceDummy wrote:

^^^
He was trying to sell us out. Oprah wears indian hair but made sure she didnt have it in for that interview.

Please stop drinking the White is right Kool Aid. I dont know anyone with Becky blonde hair in their heads.

I respect your opinion; however, I think there's a deeper issue amongst Black men and women and it starts with our entertainment industry. Theres a bigger picture here...I just dont think you see it. It's bigger than someone not eating out of the palm of our hand. But as I've said, I believe in conspiracies.

What do you mean by entertainment industry? I am definitely curious ...
JaceDummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaceDummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2013 at 8:10pm
Hollywood. Music. TV. Movies. The entertainment industry.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic