Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is that a weave???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2013 at 7:16pm
ahhh snap..

I just looked up and noticed i'm an ELITE member..

.... and nothing unusual has happened ... so far..

Sponsored Links

tabbikay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabbikay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2013 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by juliagulia0909 juliagulia0909 wrote:

my boyfriend is white and i kinda told him about the whole weave thing and whatnot. and unfortunately he too felt it ok to straight up talk about others hair.
This was the case with the guy spying for lace fronts, apparently a black male coworker told him "all black girls were lace fronts" and here we are.

Before hand he and others would had never known that most black women were wearing weaves so now , yes, its kinda like a game and every girl they see they now know that more than likely shes wearing a weave and they feel special to know that they can tell the difference...to them its probably like asking someone if they are wearing makeup, its not the rudest question in the world just inappropriate.
It's a little... inaccurate to think (and tell others) that more than likely every [black] girl is wearing weave. Where I work we have 14 WOC, only 4 of us wear weaves/wigs off and on.

and I understand the whole black wedding thing. every culture has their own rituals and sometimes you want to know what to expect. Im african and I had no idea what jumping the broom was...on the flip side im sure some african americans would ask what to expect at an african wedding.

Yeah... I have to tell you, we all don't "jump the broom." I got married in may, my sister got married in February, two friends of mine got married last October and NONE us jumped the broom. I didn't even know it was supposed to be a "black thing." I thought it was a silly questions because as an African Americans, we all follow the standard wedding script with variation depending on COUPLE. It's not like he got transported to a different country (or The Continent). 
tabbikay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabbikay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2013 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

whelp! chris rock(head), didn't help matters very much by targeting AA women for wearing hair extensions.

I'm still observing the "back lash" from mostly uneducated/uncultured whites running up to black women and quite brashly investigating their heads. Rock(head) didn't have the balls to go into any upscale/low-scale white salons and ask about their hair.

Egyptians/Africans wore braid extensions, and the Europeans, Asians, and privileged white celebrities were the ones that started the advent of weaves/wigs. Their problems mostly stemmed from having "thin" non-textured, or "fine" hair.

But noo... Rockhead wouldn't go out of his comfort zone and interview or weave-check Britney, The Queen of England, Paris Hilton, Pamela Lee, Raquel Welsh, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Jessica Simpson, etc. He was probably afraid they wouldn't let him get near them.

He even went as far as making cracks about the First Lady (Michelle Obama), and weave-checking Oprah on national television.

Thanks to Chris(Rockhead's) Plagiarized movie (yes, he stole the from someone else), and his boldness within the black community, he made it okay to walk up to AA's and ask inappropriate questions in public.

And of course, the unsophisticated white folks feel as though they have the same privilege.

Monkey see, Monkey do..

ClapClapClap

Thanked!
keelolo1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keelolo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2013 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by tabbikay tabbikay wrote:

I'm in Tampa too!! But that's weird. 
[/QUOTE]

I just got really excited about someone else being in Tampa. Lol  
[/QUOTE]

Lol I don't know why.
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2013 at 3:04am
Umm I don't think the OP is being honest really.

The reason that White guy (who is odd IMO!) is checking out Black women's hair .. is because it probably looks so unlike a regular Black persons head of hair.

I have been saying this for years. If the weave/wig is lonnnng, thick, healthy looking ... like Tamar Braxon or the whole clan ... you would have to suspend disbelief .. to believe their hair ... looks natural. This is because most/all White people know that Black people have kinky hair (though some people have curly hair) - right?

I mean how can it be that 98% of Black MEN are walking around with kinky (maybe short wavy) hair and (not 98%) but a lot of Black women are walking around with 'straight' hair? People are not stupid White people! Now that is funny.

So it becomes clear that Black women are changing the texture of their hair. Maybe we can say 'it's hard to manage our kinky hair or we just want a new look but mainly the White people that I know think Black people just want to have the same kind of hair as White people. In fact a lot of Black people DO want the same hair as White people. What is the point of ignoring the obvious???

Don't get mad at Chris Rock for ... telling the TRUTH. I don't believe in keeping secrets ... just looks more and more like you sre ashamed. Confused

As far as White people. or other groups wearing weaves/extensions etc .. well, it's not the 'same thing' and Black people wearing this hair. They are wearing hair that looks EXACTLY like their real hair .. its just longer/thicker. So they are not changing their hair texture completely in an effort to look like another group.

I think that is the BIG disconnect in the Black community in terms of the weaves/wigs. The fact that when most Black women wear a weave etc .. it looks lonnng and completely unlike their real hair texture and when White people wear units it looks lonng but it looks exactly like their real hair. So ... it is believble.

Hey, I wear a Lace Wig myself! I love them! I tried different textures with varying degrees of satisfaction .. but they were no longer than 14 inches so I never got a lot of attention from the haters or suspected as false. Now I am in the Afro/curly units and wowwwww the hair looks A LOT like my natural hair so nobody thinks anything other than  'Hey, I love your afro!".Wink

Now if White women suddenly decided afro hairstyles were kool and every other White girl had her natural hair permed into an afro or started wear afro weaves/wigs ... they would be getting weave checked right and left too. Hee hee! Why? Because it would be unbelieveable.

I am not saying everyone has gotta wear an afro textured head of hair. It's a free country and it's your money so you can wear whatever you want!

At the same time though .. you have to 'own' the hair that you are wearing and not get upset if people think that it's false. If the 'look' is too far away from what a head of hair looks like on a Black man or a lot of other Black woman or if the look is 'fantastic' etc.. it wil be suspected as being false.

No, ALL Black women do not wear weaves/wigs but if you line up 100 random Black women and 100 random White women .. the highest number of weave/wig wearers .. are gonna be the Black women.
Period. Confused Let's get real. (I don't care anything about celibs - I am talking about real women)

Again, don't get mad and flip out on me for telling you something that everyone else knows about the Black community and 'hair'.

Edited by Printer_Ink - Oct 27 2013 at 5:50am
keelolo1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote keelolo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2013 at 8:14am
Wow its that deep huh? And I've seen plenty of white women with that synthetic plastic platinum blonde barbie doll hair.
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2013 at 9:28am
Yes, of course it is that deep .. if you are Black.
Besides, everything we do does not have to evaluated ...  juxtaposed to White people either.  That seems like the defense for .. everything.
When most people see plastic platium doll hair - first: they get made fun of too and second, apart from the color, to must people (Black or White) it looks exactly like the wigs/weaves that Black women wear anyway. Everyone does have such  critical eye quality of hair.  So they are both the butt of jokes.
Again, if you gather 100 random Black women and 100 random White women .. you will certainly see more fake hair .... on the Black women.
Gosh, I hope we are not going back to Egypt again .. where everything people don't wanna hear .. has to take that slow boat down 'De Nile' again. Shocked What's the point of deluding ourselves. Geesh .. that trip gets old after a while. Especially when nobody else is taking that trip.
imfunsized View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imfunsized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2013 at 11:34am
I get your point, but you kinda missed out on something important... Why do most black women wear weaves that are straight and silky and others mostly wear hair to match their own?? Because a lot of us have been brainwashed to think out natural hair was ugly or bad, or that it honestly cannot grow ( which annoys the living hell out of me). But you can't ignore that, I honestly don't care what white people think about black people's hair or what they know about it. Shot we know most of them are not brown skin or orange, but pale! Do black people walk up to them " omg is that your real skin color??" Omg do you hate yourself because your tanning? Are you like trying to be black because you want brown skin like me? It's the same thing!! Most of them already know of the woman they are about to ask is wearing a weave, they just want to be cute and or embarrass the black woman doing it. I've seen it before!! It's not about knowing of our hair naturally kinky or curly, you have some who really just want to make fun or humiliate the black woman wearing it. I'm not about to sit hear and cape for them, they ask black women/people all types of stupid and rude questions, and most of the time it is not coming from a good place.

Chris rocks's movie was one sided, it never showed black women who wore weave to match their real hair, wether relaxed or natural texture. And there are a lot of us out there, your probably can't tell because the hair looks so similar to their own. Not all us like that silky, extra long hair and so what if she does. We don't owe and explanation to anyone. Like you said it's a free country ( supposedly).
Excuse the typos I'm on my phone
JaceDummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaceDummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2013 at 12:11pm
Why do most black women wear weaves that are straight and silky and others mostly wear hair to match their own?? Because a lot of us have been brainwashed to think out natural hair was ugly or bad

This is the answer, I'm convinced. Let's throw out those plastic doll hair dolls and put natural hair dolls in our girls' hands. And lets make MORE dolls like this so that it becomes the norm. The reason we are brainwashed is bc we played will Cornsilk Cabbage Patch Dolls, Barbie or yarn hair. Lets change this!

http://www.naturalgirlsunited.com/natural-hair-dolls.html

TOUSHA11 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TOUSHA11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2013 at 1:27pm
I am so sick of people thinking just because you wear straight hair you are brain washed. I do not give a Damn what anyone says it is my head I wear whatever the Hell I want to when I want too it is just Hair.The beauty of being a women is that we do not have to stick to the same thing day in and day out we have makeup,push up bra's,fake eyelashes, fake hair, etc  to enhance what we look like. I love being a women I am not going let nobody tell me because I do not wear my real hair that I do not love myself that is the stupidest thing I ever heard. So because some body wear's their natural hair but they 300 lbs they love themselves more I do not think so. That is just an example I am just saying that there are more important things to worry about besides the hair that is on my head.< ="text/" id="_tmpl">
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>