Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Is that a weave???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>

Author
Misjaguar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Misjaguar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 10:45pm
It is all becuase those white men are Subscribed to UNCLE TOM SOTOMAYOR
Sponsored Links

tabbikay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tabbikay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by keelolo1 keelolo1 wrote:

I live in Florida and never had that problem. Where u live? Rosewood? Lol

Tampa at the moment, but I kinda feel like it's my fault. I think I make people feel comfortable enough to ask the questions they wouldn't dare ask another black person. 

I've been asked: 
"What does nappy mean?"
"Does it bother you that I say ni**a?"
"Is it true Jesus was black?"

Most recently a white guy said to me, "Not to get all racial, but what do they do at black weddings? I'm attending one soon and I'm not sure what to expect."

Basically... I think I attract the crazies. 

keelolo1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keelolo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by tabbikay tabbikay wrote:

Originally posted by keelolo1 keelolo1 wrote:

I live in Florida and never had that problem. Where u live? Rosewood? Lol

Tampa at the moment, but I kinda feel like it's my fault. I think I make people feel comfortable enough to ask the questions they wouldn't dare ask another black person. 

I've been asked: 
"What does nappy mean?"
"Does it bother you that I say ni**a?"
"Is it true Jesus was black?"

Most recently a white guy said to me, "Not to get all racial, but what do they do at black weddings? I'm attending one soon and I'm not sure what to expect."

Basically... I think I attract the crazies. 

I'm in Tampa too!! But that's weird. 
tabbikay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabbikay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

I would have to work on my blending or switch textures if ppl regularly asked if my install was a weave.

They ask me if other people's hair is fake primarily, like it's a game or something. 

They know mine is fake because I wore my hair shaved for a year, and when I decided to grow it back started wearing half wigs and such. Can't really fool them if 1 day you have 3 inches of hair and the next day it's shoulder length. 

Since I change my hair so often (or used to, haven't done a wig/weave in months), the conversation is always what I'm doing to my hair. 

tabbikay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabbikay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 11:49pm

[/QUOTE]

I'm in Tampa too!! But that's weird. 
[/QUOTE]

I just got really excited about someone else being in Tampa. Lol  
imfunsized View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote imfunsized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2013 at 12:26am
If I were I act stupid back

Why do you white people age so badly?
Why do you all tan, do want to be black?
Why do you all smell like wet dogs all the time?

Lawd knows that's how I would respond, you are not the speaker for the negro race smh white ppl kill me with that wanna play confused and lost stuff. Shoot ask you white ancestors what nappy means since they made it up to demean our hair.
tabbikay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabbikay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2013 at 3:40am
Originally posted by imfunsized imfunsized wrote:

Lawd knows that's how I would respond, you are not the speaker for the negro race smh white ppl kill me with that wanna play confused and lost stuff. Shoot ask you white ancestors what nappy means since they made it up to demean our hair.

This. I actually took it to slavery and Willie Lynch once... things got real awkward and the subject was changed quickly. 

I may do this more often, normally I just try to politely answer their questions. 
iluvmihair View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iluvmihair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2013 at 5:40am
Originally posted by imfunsized imfunsized wrote:

juliagulia0909 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juliagulia0909 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2013 at 6:24pm
my boyfriend is white and i kinda told him about the whole weave thing and whatnot. and unfortunately he too felt it ok to straight up talk about others hair. Before hand he and others would had never known that most black women were wearing weaves so now , yes, its kinda like a game and every girl they see they now know that more than likely shes wearing a weave and they feel special to know that they can tell the difference...to them its probably like asking someone if they are wearing makeup, its not the rudest question in the world just inappropriate. and I understand the whole black wedding thing. every culture has their own rituals and sometimes you want to know what to expect. Im african and I had no idea what jumping the broom was...on the flip side im sure some african americans would ask what to expect at an african wedding.
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2013 at 7:11pm
whelp! chris rock(head), didn't help matters very much by targeting AA women for wearing hair extensions.

I'm still observing the "back lash" from mostly uneducated/uncultured whites running up to black women and quite brashly investigating their heads. Rock(head) didn't have the balls to go into any upscale/low-scale white salons and ask about their hair.

Egyptians/Africans wore braid extensions, and the Europeans, Asians, and privileged white celebrities were the ones that started the advent of weaves/wigs. Their problems mostly stemmed from having "thin" non-textured, or "fine" hair.

But noo... Rockhead wouldn't go out of his comfort zone and interview or weave-check Britney, The Queen of England, Paris Hilton, Pamela Lee, Raquel Welsh, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Jessica Simpson, etc. He was probably afraid they wouldn't let him get near them.

He even went as far as making cracks about the First Lady (Michelle Obama), and weave-checking Oprah on national television.

Thanks to Chris(Rockhead's) Plagiarized movie (yes, he stole the from someone else), and his boldness within the black community, he made it okay to walk up to AA's and ask inappropriate questions in public.

And of course, the unsophisticated white folks feel as though they have the same privilege.

Monkey see, Monkey do..

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Oct 26 2013 at 7:12pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>