Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - is silk satin pillowcase really helpful for hair?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

is silk satin pillowcase really helpful for hair?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
alybunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alybunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: is silk satin pillowcase really helpful for hair?
    Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 8:41am
Hello girls, I am new on this forum  I registered because I have a small problem and I need your opinion.
I have long curly hair, and in the morning when I wake up is very tangled. Not always, but most of the time it is. A friend of mine insists that a silk pillowcase is very helpful. I researched the web about it and people are promoting these satin and silk pillowcases with magic benefits for your hair. Is anyone here using them? What do you recommend me, silk or satin? And is there any good brand or shop from where I can buy one?

Thank you all
xoxo Aly
Sponsored Links

Petty LaBelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petty LaBelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 12:33pm
I use one when Im going to bed with wet hair & I want it to be dry the next day.
I notice when I go to bed with Damp hair & wear a bonnet it never gets dry
I bought one from Target. Tar-jay
alybunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alybunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2014 at 11:18am
Hi Petty! Thanks for your answering! I think the next days I will go shopping and try out before buying. Only after I will compare some products I think I will be able to know which one is the best :)
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2014 at 10:22pm
I like them when on the rare occasions I get a straw set and don't want to wear a scarf.
littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 7:02pm
i use them now, but honestly i perceive no difference with them than when i was laying on cotton. some people say cotton dries their hair out but i feel as though if anything my acne started flaring up with silk. i don't think cotton dried my hair out. 
elshanastya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elshanastya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 7:39am
Hi Alybunny,
one option includes wearing a satin or silk sleep cap. I don't personally like sleep caps because they make my head hot, but some people swear by them.

As far as best places to buy....go to Amazon...if you want to buy silk/satin pillowcases or sleep caps, you can get the best prices there. I got my satin pillowcases from SavvySleepers.com and they are amazing. My head doesn't slide off the pillow and I don't get hot during the summer. They are also machine washable which makes it easy to clean. I would recommend you satin pillowcase because I used it. I don't know to tell more about silk.
Their only problem is the price, but the website offers coupon codes once in a while and if you get the offer...well, that's a deal!

I hope you will find your dream satin or silk pillowcase :)
Lovelyred01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lovelyred01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 8:44pm
I have a few silk pillowcases. I use them every once in awhile. When I do, I notice a difference when I wake up. I bought mine from Ross, clearance :)
nebhnebh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nebhnebh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 1:41pm
I am natural and always use a satin pillowcase.  When I used to sleep on cotton pillowcases I would notice strands of hair in the cotton pillowcase weaving.  Sleeping on cotton seemed to help my hair break.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 3:29pm
the effect of natural hair on cotton pillowcase during the night is somewhat like the two sides of velco straps. Our hair gets a lot of friction on cotton compared to something more slippery like satin. It can cause snagging that can yoink out a few fragile hair kinks, or just rough up your style and dry out your hair. I wear a satin sleeping bonnet and it helps. When i can ill probably try to get a pillowcase as it seems pretty convenient.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply