Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

I's natchal nah! Come see my BC pics!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.75  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2012 at 7:20am
Originally posted by Kesshia_b Kesshia_b wrote:

You have alot of growth.. Some ppl transition longer with little growth.. I'm Want to transition I'm tired of perming . Any special tips or products you use ... And how'd you keep your hair most of the transition. ? It's beautiful.!!
**sorry for the question overload **

Thanks, Kesshia_b. 

I mostly kept my hair in twists and braids.  My relaxed and natural hair did not play well together and would tangle everytime I tried to let them hang out together.  I had to keep my hair stretched and separated into sections. 

I didn't use any heat because I didn't want to dry out the delicate line of demarcation.  For me, moisture and low manipulation were my focus.  All went well unless I was rushed and ignored those two things.

Also, finger detangling before getting in the shower or gently using a jumbo rake to detangle with a head full of conditioner, CAREFULLY, was helpful.  Before I started doing that, I was still in relaxer mode and I was losing hair in the shower like crazy.  I learned to be more careful quickly.   Even so, I tried not to stress over any of it. I kept reminding myself that I would cut the relaxed hair off eventually and not having to deal with both textures would be a breeze.  And it is, actually.

I wanted to hold on for as long as I could because me with short hair?  It would've been a sad sight.  I wanted to hold on til the end of this year but, I could see my natural hair getting long and I was tired of tippy toe'g around the line of demarcation.  But mostly because my relaxed hair and natural hair was night and day.  I LOVED the thickness of my natural hair and it made my relaxed ends look sickly.  There was no need having hip length hair if I couldn't wear it out because of how sickly my ends looked.  So, I talked myself into chopping.  And am SO glad that I did.

I hope to be back at HL by the end of next year.  Meantime, I'm njoy'g  my fully natural hair AND its shrinkage.

Good luck to you with your decision.  And, I'm always willing to be a support, if ya need me.  I make a pretty good cheerleader.  Clap
Sponsored Links

Soratachi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Soratachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2012 at 3:15pm
Great advice.  Wink

Congratz on your achievement!!!ClapClapClap

Edited by Soratachi - Oct 22 2012 at 3:16pm
Kesshia_b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kesshia_b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2012 at 8:36pm
Thank you for answering . And I truly believe my hair grows when I LEAVE IT ALONE . My last perm was a bust and seeing my natural hair I was in love .!. I was just wondering alot of ppl do so much when their transitioning iwas wondering if I had to do more .. But you have proved that EVERYONE do not have to do all of that . I am going to keep my hair in braids , low manipulation styles and moisturized and use your tips . I been reading the natural site like crazy :) I am not a cute site with short hair either so I KNOW I can't big chop ! But your hair gives me hope !! Thank you so much and your hair is beautiful you are def an inspiration .! Thanks for helping with my decision !! I want my natural hair back .! I will keep coming back here when I get discouraged !!
JGCwayZeBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JGCwayZeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2012 at 9:09pm
Beautiful hair! Heart I always play with the idea of transitioning but I just can't seem to commit to it yet. Definitely inspirational to see your pictures though! Clap
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2012 at 11:28pm
Thank you, Ladies.  I'm always glad when this thread pops up.  I get to relive my reaction and joy all over again.  I am cheesing like nobody's business. LOL  I don't think I would've ever gone natural had I not been inspired by so many beautiful natural heads around here and all the support given.  Thank you, all! ClapClapClap
Aerie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Aerie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2012 at 2:06pm
Aw, you hair is just like mine! I was expecting a severe cut. :P You look great natural! Congrats. 

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2012 at 7:48pm
I love the before & after pic facial expressions lol.

Lovely BC! Congrats!Clap
Prtybrwneye_z View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Prtybrwneye_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2012 at 9:05pm
Congrats op, beautiful hair
cutetyra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cutetyra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 9:48pm
Njoy, honestly you are such a beautiful lady!!! Your hubby is a lucky man to have such a gorgeous woman with a loooot of hair!!!
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 8:50am
Awww, thanks again, Ladies.  And Cutetyra, you're gonna make me blush. Embarrassed

Big hugs to all of you.  Thanks! Hug
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style