Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is my length achievable with my regimen?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
jmbjourney97 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmbjourney97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is my length achievable with my regimen?
    Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 5:50am
1. TWICE WEEKLY: Hot oil treatment with almond, coconut, olive, and peppermint oil, (and vitamin E)
    A. Spray warmish-hot water in hair
    B. Massage oil into scalp w/ head upside down for 5 minutes. Work the rest of the oil through ends and leave in overnight.
2. ONCE WEEKLY: Deep Condition
3. DAILY: 2500 mg of Biotin and Vitamin B100 high potency (counteracts breakouts)
4. TWICE WEEKLY: Leave-in conditioner after both washe
5. Drinking LOTS of water
6. Putting water and a little bit of BB Castor oil in daily

I REALLY do not want to trim my split ends. My hair used to be just above my navel about a year and 7 months ago, but heat has wreaked havoc on my hair. I have not used it in about 2 and a half months. It was 24 inches without even trying to grow it out and now it's 18/19 inches. It obviously broke off. What's funny is that my split ends are almost all at the WAY bottom of my hair, which I am happy for. There are a few about an inch or so up, but for the most part they are at the bottom. Is it realistic to think I can grow at least an inch a month? I currently grow 1/2" a month. I was watching this Youtube video about a woman whose hair was falling out due to bleaching and she grew her hair two inches in a month using a mix of coconut oil, almond oil, peppermint oil, and I think lavender oil. I know people have different growth rates and different experiences with certain products, but I am an optimist =) My hair is 3b/3c. Don't know if it helps, but I'm 16. Also, read up on the cycles of hair growth, the anagen phase being the one where growth actually occurs. Since my hair is naturally long, does that mean my anagen phase is longer, and that my rate of growth is longer?

Sponsored Links

littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 6:39am
in answer to your last two questions, not necessarily. "longer" as compared to what, other black womens' hair? if that's the question you're asking, then i'd argue not necessarily, since most black women have been in the habit historically of caring for their hair in the worst way and therefore never realized their actual growth and length retention potential. 
define what 'naturally long' is. the length of your hair is merely a temporary state that is achieved solely by hair care that ensures its retention. 
if you dont have splits of the traveling variety i think it might be safe to leave them be. but if you're afraid they may do more harm than good by hanging around, it might be best to practice search and destroy on the ones you see, as opposed to an all-out trim. 
as for you growing 2 inches a month, i don't believe 2-inch a month claims. the ppl that claim their hair grows this fast usually 1) never post month by month results, or week-by-week, or some timeline by which we can hold them accountable and/or 2) they go from short hair to short hair that's only marginally longer if they post pictures of their results at all. never have i seen a case of a woman going from short hair to indisputably long hair in the short amount of time which they claim.

some ppl can realistically achieve an inch a month, but i think 2 is reaching big time. 

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply