Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Breakage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedIs Monistat still used to grow back sides?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

Author
NinaS View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is Monistat still used to grow back sides?
    Posted: Jan 24 2009 at 8:37pm
I'm getting desperate. Was using Rogaine but once I stopped, all the hair I grew fell off. My sides are bald. Do people still use Monistat for hair loss and does it work fast? How often should I use it to avoid migraines? I hear about Megatek a lot but I'm just not willing to use horse medication on my hair that is not approved for human consumption - afraid of side effects, like ending up with a brain tumor.
Sponsored Links

Wanny View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2009 at 3:01pm
I'm no expert but I thought Monistat basically grows hair faster because of its anti-fungal properties.  That doesn't seem like it would help you since it seems to be a medical/dermatological condition.  It sounds like you are going to have to stay on some type of regimen.  I've heard Nioxin is very good and may be cheaper because I know Borics has specials on it and TJ Maxx has it sometimes.  My mom has many clients who buy a tons of it as soon as it comes in to maintain the hair they have.
nevacontent View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2009 at 7:34am
I started using Monistat last week after reading LHCF, longhaircommunity and of course, BHM. Some people have been successful in growing in their thins spots. I was thinking of using Rogaine, but did not want to risk my hair falling out once I stopped.

-In order to avoid migraines, you will have to dilute MN with either water or essential oils.
-Depending on the user, some notice growth within 3 - 6 weeks.
-Apply as much as you like, but slow it down it your head begins to have sore scalp or migraines. Most usually apply once-a-day or three times a week.
-I read most poster mix it with OCT or MT.

Feel free to read Talia's experience with MT & MN.

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=143815
LadyCC View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2009 at 11:55am
Originally posted by NinaS NinaS wrote:

I'm getting desperate. Was using Rogaine but once I stopped, all the hair I grew fell off. My sides are bald. Do people still use Monistat for hair loss and does it work fast? How often should I use it to avoid migraines? I hear about Megatek a lot but I'm just not willing to use horse medication on my hair that is not approved for human consumption - afraid of side effects, like ending up with a brain tumor.

I'm sorry but that is so darn funny.  First, Megatek is not horse medication, secondly, it is approved for human consumption, and thirdly, you prefer coochie cream over horse medication - OK.  Wink  Don't get me wrong, I am familiar with and use both products.

BlacBerri View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2009 at 4:13pm
^^^ haaaaaa!!!! coochie cream lmfao!!!

Haven't used MN but always wanted to.
GoingNatural86 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2009 at 7:01pm
Snickering...LOL
I have not used nor researched MN.. but I have used Megatek with no problems and tons of growth n thickness.

BTW Megatek states on the bottle "Safe for Human Use"

Back to SnickeringLOL
casey3035 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2009 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by LadyCC LadyCC wrote:

Originally posted by NinaS NinaS wrote:

I'm sorry but that is so darn funny.  First, Megatek is not horse medication, secondly, it is approved for human consumption, and thirdly, you prefer coochie cream over horse medication - OK.  Wink  Don't get me wrong, I am familiar with and use both products.
 Yeah what she said!   LOL!!
NinaS View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2009 at 6:28pm
[[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm really confused then. Because I read numerous times on this Web site that it is meant for horses' hair and is ordered from pet stores. When I google "Megatek", it seems to support this. I read from one poster that it said on her bottle ''Not approved for human use" and you say the opposite. So what is the deal? Do you buy the Megatek at beauty supplies or pet shops? Does it specifically say on the bottle that it's ok to use on humans?

As for the coochie cream, I'm not jumping for joy at the thought of applying that to my scalp either. I've been reading about it for months on this web site on wouldn't try it. But I'm desperate at this point and I figured that since the product is approved for human use in the first place and sold in drugstores, I'm less likely to grow two heads! To me, it would be the lesser of two evils. I'm just not willing to jeopardize my health over hair. So if y'all can confirm that Megatek really is FDA approved for human use as a hair enhancement cream, then I'll be jumping for joy! Otherwise, I'm staying away from that - Don't need a horse, I got a car!
LadyCC View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2009 at 7:56pm
NinaS, Wanny's post is correct on how MN works to grow hair.  Nevacontent covered both MN and MT. 

You can check the growth section as there are many megatek threads.  Megatek was first designed for humans.  The company has developed Ovation Cell Therapy, a more expensive version of the megatek product.  Megatek applied to the cuticles strengthen your nails like it strengthens the hooves of horses.

Here is an ad from the Eqysss website:

Click%20to%20enlargepadMEGA-TEKô%20REBUILDER%20%2016oz.

LEADING EDGE TECHNOLOGY! Mega-Tekô is a revolutionary formula and a technological breakthrough. Mega-Tekô stimulates and promotes rapid hair and hoof growth without the use of synthetic polymers, oils, or peroleum based products. COATS: Strengthens hair so mane and tail won't break off easily. Accelerates hair regrowth on bare spots caused by halter and blanket rubs, skin conditions, or injuries. Makes hair healthier and stronger. HOOVES: Makes hooves grow from 10% to 50% faster and makes them 30% stronger. Sand cracks and chipping are reduced, quarter cracks heal faster, shoes hold better, fantastic for shelly footed horses. TRULY AN AMAZING PRODUCT! Environmentally friendly. NON-TOXIC. Safe for human cross-over use.

EQyss products are 100% CRUELTY FREE and are 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED. Every EQyss product is made with all natural, botanical ingredients wherever possible. None of our products contain DEA.

HTH Smile

NinaS View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2009 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by LadyCC LadyCC wrote:

NinaS, Wanny's post is correct on how MN works to grow hair.  Nevacontent covered both MN and MT. 

You can check the growth section as there are many megatek threads.  Megatek was first designed for humans.  The company has developed Ovation Cell Therapy, a more expensive version of the megatek product.  Megatek applied to the cuticles strengthen your nails like it strengthens the hooves of horses.

HTH Smile

Lady CC, I went back to the growth section (the Mega Tek Challenge Thread) and I clicked on the link that the original poster provided. I got this ad below. That's what I originally saw and that's what threw me. It's a lot of talk on ''coats and hooves'', no humans involved! So I didn't read any further. Anyway, I checked out the Ovation Cell Therapy that you mentioned and that one seems to be marketed for humans. So, are you saying that the list of ingredients for Ovation Cell Therapy and Mega Tek is basically the same, which is why people would rather use Mega Tek cause it's cheaper? Is there another difference besides cost? Like, is Mega Tek more concentrated? That's what I'm worried about...
Thanks for replying
Mega-Tek Rebuilder
STRENGTHENS hoof wall

Reduces breakage.
Grows much longer and faster.

LEADING EDGE TECHNOLOGY!
Mega-Tek is a revolutionary formula and a technological breakthrough. Strengthens without the use of synthetic polymers, oils, or peroleum based products. COATS: Strengthens hair so mane and tail won't break off easily. Makes hair healthier and stronger. HOOVES: Makes hooves grow from 10% to 50% faster and makes them 30% stronger. Sand cracks are reduced, quarter cracks heal faster, shoes hold better, fantastic for shelly footed horses.
TRULY AN AMAZING PRODUCT! Environmentally friendly. NON-TOXIC.

Named Horse Journal's Product of the Year!!!!
Horse Journal test results: BEST product for getting out burrs!

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic