Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is it really that serious????
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair
 

Is it really that serious????

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream



Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
imfunsized View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: Sep 10 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 1258
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote imfunsized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 12:47am
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

Originally posted by KARLIE75 KARLIE75 wrote:


I have witness some of the same things. Even in a forum where black women are supposed to be helping each other, we still manage to tear one another down. Sad Sistas Unhappy



Ma'am, catty behavior is not color exclusive.  Trust. 


Thank You, I hate when I see this like its only only black women that bicker and attack one another. Trust and believe on Asian, Hispanic, white female forums it's the same mess.
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
debg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Feb 26 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 14146
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote debg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 2:18am
Originally posted by imfunsized imfunsized wrote:

Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

Originally posted by KARLIE75 KARLIE75 wrote:


I have witness some of the same things. Even in a forum where black women are supposed to be helping each other, we still manage to tear one another down. Sad Sistas Unhappy



Ma'am, catty behavior is not color exclusive.  Trust. 


Thank You, I hate when I see this like its only only black women that bicker and attack one another. Trust and believe on Asian, Hispanic, white female forums it's the same mess.


where ??  


Back to Top
iluvmihair View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Mar 09 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 5710
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmihair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 6:11am
Originally posted by cutescorpio cutescorpio wrote:

^^^Truth. That's why I'm not on as much anymore. It's a totally different forum from when I first joined. I guess there are attitudes b/c the same questions are asked over and over. It can get annoying, but hey, you don't have to answer them either. No need for anyone to be rude.

I agreeCry Man there was a lady that walked me completely (I mean completely!) though my first home texlax. I was natural, so I had to do my whole head and I didn't know a thing. She even gave me her email address. I loved the forum back then, but my computer access was crap, so I couldn't post as much as I wanted to. I still like it here, but it's just very different... and we need more ppl..
Back to Top
mzjuicy553 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Aug 27 2013
Location: Illinois
Status: Offline
Points: 2042
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzjuicy553 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 6:34am
I do like the forum a lot. I really have learned a lot. I have been natural for years & wore weaves as protective styles. I'm just ignorant to the "virgin" hair game. I guess I was just shocked to witness some of the behavior here. There is such a thing called constructive criticism. And there is a way to say things without being offensive. Remember everyone on here was once a "newbie" & didn't no anything either! So just because your knowledgeable does not make you better than next person who is trying to educate themselves...
Back to Top
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 08 2011
Location: Mafia Town
Status: Offline
Points: 92717
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 9:13am
Ladies in life you have to sift through the rubbish to get what you need. Newbies don't take it so personal. This is cyber space not a meet and greet. There will always be cattiness along with people that are very willing to share. I may not share a vendor that I use but i'm willing to share anything else. Ask me about bleaching and I will post pics in a minute. Ask me about textures and I'll give you what I know. You need to know what it feels like to have an epidural ask away......

You have to remember ladies that members lurk and although you might not see alot of pages on a particular thread once a vendor is revealed members, non members, lurkers and AV's are gonna order to give the vendor a try.

I'm telling you ladies I spent a lot of money trying to find a vendor that can make Italian Yaki perfectly. heck the ultimate thread every week I came in with pics from a purchase asking the board if the texture looked right. Do you really think I will divulge that info just because a newbie PM'd me. I thinks not!!!!
Back to Top
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 20 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 31647
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 9:25am
Originally posted by debg debg wrote:

Originally posted by imfunsized imfunsized wrote:

Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

Originally posted by KARLIE75 KARLIE75 wrote:


I have witness some of the same things. Even in a forum where black women are supposed to be helping each other, we still manage to tear one another down. Sad Sistas Unhappy



Ma'am, catty behavior is not color exclusive.  Trust. 


Thank You, I hate when I see this like its only only black women that bicker and attack one another. Trust and believe on Asian, Hispanic, white female forums it's the same mess.


where ??  





Makeupalley, a couple gossip boards I frequent (don't judge me), hell even that expose that youtube guru forum that was hot for a millisecond.  It wasn't just about that Tanesha woman but a number of white, Hispanic, Asian, whatever where folks wanna trying to dig up some dirt on these gurus.  It was a sobering read to say the least.  Partly because I never knew people where that emotionally vested in a youtube guru or whatever.  I look at youtube as a tool to inform me, teach me or entertain me.  Never thought about trying to "expose" any of the ones I subscribe or even barely watch.  Not trying to say that I am above it but that thought never crossed my mind for some reason. 
Back to Top
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 20 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 31647
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 9:31am
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Ladies in life you have to sift through the rubbish to get what you need. Newbies don't take it so personal. This is cyber space not a meet and greet. There will always be cattiness along with people that are very willing to share. I may not share a vendor that I use but i'm willing to share anything else. Ask me about bleaching and I will post pics in a minute. Ask me about textures and I'll give you what I know. You need to know what it feels like to have an epidural ask away......

You have to remember ladies that members lurk and although you might not see alot of pages on a particular thread once a vendor is revealed members, non members, lurkers and AV's are gonna order to give the vendor a try.

I'm telling you ladies I spent a lot of money trying to find a vendor that can make Italian Yaki perfectly. heck the ultimate thread every week I came in with pics from a purchase asking the board if the texture looked right. Do you really think I will divulge that info just because a newbie PM'd me. I thinks not!!!!



I learned right away when I saw a perfect kinky I PM'ed a member about who was her vendor, I got no response.  I could have pestered her but I let it slide.  I mean if she wanted to keep a vendor a secret and therefore deprive the vendor earning more money, I am okay with it.  I have no desire to start selling hair (too much BS in dealing with thieving a$$ people trying to get some free hair and frankly me dealing with retail, just fcuk no all around) and I am not that committed in dedicating 80 hours a week just to earn a living.  No thank you ma'am. 
Back to Top
imfunsized View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: Sep 10 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 1258
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imfunsized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 9:36am
Hell in the real world...women of all backgrounds exhibit this behaviors
Their hair forums, makeup forums, and blogs you will see the same snarky and catty mess. It may not be weave they are bickering about, but it will be something else. I was on lipstick alley, all different groups of women on there just being vicious for no reason. The non-black YouTube gurus, their comment sections are a hot mess as well. One white chick told another her eyelashes were nappy!
Back to Top
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 08 2011
Location: Mafia Town
Status: Offline
Points: 92717
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 10:00am
Originally posted by imfunsized imfunsized wrote:

Hell in the real world...women of all backgrounds exhibit this behaviors
Their hair forums, makeup forums, and blogs you will see the same snarky and catty mess. It may not be weave they are bickering about, but it will be something else. I was on lipstick alley, all different groups of women on there just being vicious for no reason. The non-black YouTube gurus, their comment sections are a hot mess as well. One white chick told another her eyelashes were nappy!


Confused
Back to Top
HoneyS7 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Feb 15 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 3846
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneyS7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 11:09am
Originally posted by cutescorpio cutescorpio wrote:

^^^Truth. That's why I'm not on as much anymore. It's a totally different forum from when I first joined. I guess there are attitudes b/c the same questions are asked over and over. It can get annoying, but hey, you don't have to answer them either. No need for anyone to be rude.



Sccoorrrpppiioooo Smile *waves*
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down