Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is it possible to turn a full lace into a U-part?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Is it possible to turn a full lace into a U-part?

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
Aphelion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphelion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it possible to turn a full lace into a U-part?
    Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 8:46pm
I have a new full lace wig, that I purchased from a beauty supply store to learn how to make wigs workl without damaging my expensive one, which I decided to keep despite problems with the synthetic and human mix and thickness (Im crazy I know). I was thinking I could turn it into a U-part wig? dye my hair the same dark color and wear my hair out over it to make it look natural?
      But I want to try it on something less expensive first. All the videos I have seen on youtube are about actually making one not changing a wig into a U-part wig so Im wondering, is it possible? How do you do it? and how do you apply it? 
     When I tried wearing it in front of my hairline the hair got stuck to my head more than the lace, you could always see the grid of the lace clearly, even though it was transparent and matched my skin tone? it was also hard to part my hair exactly the same as the wig so that you couldnt see my hair sitting underneath and when wearing a wig cap you could see where it started. Basically, oh dear!

Most importantly, do you think this is a good idea? As a personal preference I would rather wear my natural hairline and part. 
Sponsored Links

Kiwistardust View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwistardust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 9:16am
I don't see why not. Cut a "U" in it and attach wig combs/clips so it can stay on your cornrows.
Hopealer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopealer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 12:59am
I never try it. i think if you it you need to find the professional person to do it. 
dorislesure View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dorislesure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 1:29am
yes u can i have done this ... just part were u want to cut and cut . i didnt make the upart that bid because i didnt want a lot of my hair left out . i then  use some fray on the edges and the folded the edges and sew combs in the upart.u can also use some of the lace that u cut off in the front to reinforce the upart  i then use the eslaticband r the( tmm ) and i didnt cut the lace in the back i alway leave this on from ear2ear and fold it over and make a hem and i then pull eslatic thru it and sew up th open ends try it on 1st to see how tight it needs to b this way its not blowing n the wind and it can wear it n a high pony tail u can also sew combs back there to.

also i save the part i cut out from the upart and use it when i make my wigs with the dome caps...

hope this helps,
 merry xmas all luv@prays
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 8:39am
one way to make your wig look super REAL.....is to cut the middle open and make it a U Part wig.

Please see link below:

Products, wig clips, videos, tips...are all included
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply