Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

is it normal for women to react like this?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

Bootiful Cream

Author
cupcakeroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cupcakeroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: is it normal for women to react like this?
    Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 9:02pm

I have natural extensions with most of my real hair out. it lays flat and its relaxed. one woman in particular always approaches me and stares at my hairline and the top of my head. she can't see anything because most of it at the top is my hair. and then other times she'll look at me with this surprised look (she'll widen her eyes, its forced) when she looks at my hair. she ALWAYS does this. she tries to make it seem as if its something wrong with my hair when in reality there is nothing out of the ordinary about flat relaxed hair. the woman in particular has a very bad tangled weave with humps in it. I try to avoid her at all costs because she is constantly staring at my hair with these forced surprised expressions. she also follows me around and comes up with any reason to approach me and say something just to eyefuk my hair. do other women experience this from women with bad weaves ?

Sponsored Links

ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 9:06pm
She is trying to figure out if you are wearing extensions so Kudos to you...you got a weave stalker lol. I would be upset as well. She could at least compliment your hair (not weave...doing that is plain tacky).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cupcakeroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by ms.blue ms.blue wrote:

She is trying to figure out if you are wearing extensions so Kudos to you...you got a weave stalker lol. I would be upset as well. She could at least compliment your hair (not weave...doing that is plain tacky).
ugh she annoys me.  once I wore it down and this woman followed me around
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by cupcakeroad cupcakeroad wrote:

She is just waiting for a slip up to confirm that you are wearing extensions.   Woman probably losing sleep thinking about it because she's following you. She needs to get a life and worry about fixing her weave then stalk you about yours.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cupcakeroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 9:23pm

Originally posted by cupcakeroad cupcakeroad wrote:

She is just waiting for a slip up to confirm that you are wearing extensions.   Woman probably losing sleep thinking about it because she's following you. She needs to get a life and worry about fixing her weave then stalk you about yours.

is this type of stuff common when a black woman's hair look natural? she has a serious problem, she follows me to the parking lot
imfunsized View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imfunsized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 9:48pm
Girl I have the same experience sometimes. Lol ppl expect weaves to be bad and really obvious, I like to think my installs look pretty natural I fool a lot of ppl. But I will catch men and women of all backgrounds looking at my hairline too lol. It's so funny because I already know what they're thinking "Is that her hair" "is it a weave?" Most naturals think it's mine and ask how long I've been natural. But other mostly stare smh. Your blending must be flawless!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cupcakeroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by imfunsized imfunsized wrote:

Girl I have the same experience sometimes. Lol ppl expect weaves to be bad and really obvious, I like to think my installs look pretty natural I fool a lot of ppl. But I will catch men and women of all backgrounds looking at my hairline too lol. It's so funny because I already know what they're thinking "Is that her hair" "is it a weave?" Most naturals think it's mine and ask how long I've been natural. But other mostly stare smh. Your blending must be flawless!
yeah I have a lot of my hair out on top, you can't see anything. i'm just annoyed that natural looking hair still attracts so much attention on me simply because i'm black.
imfunsized View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote imfunsized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 10:29pm
I understand what you mean they either expect us not to have hair or bad weaves smh
mzjuicy553 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzjuicy553 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2013 at 4:45am
She's jealous. Simple as that! Instead of complimenting you or asking you about your hair she is low key hating. But that's women for ya...Smh! You should upload a pic. I'm natural & have been inspired on this forum to give up the silky weaves & get some kinky or tight curly hair to match my natural hair. But you go girl! You got a hair hater...lol
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2013 at 8:22am

OP just give her your beautician's information. problem solved. Some women dont know how to ask...so they result to doing creepy things. Op right now i have in betweens too and a lady asked me on the train who does my hair because she has been watching me(my hair) for awhile. I just scribbled it down on a receipt and gave her.

Edited by Brjasuga51 - Sep 18 2013 at 8:22am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>