Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
tiavalentine View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is It Hormones?
    Posted: Apr 16 2010 at 3:05pm
I have dry sensitive skin but lately nothing is working for my face. I break out from everything even stuff that used to work (mouisturizers). Just wondering what else I should try and if my skin could be more sensitive because of hormonal changes? I've never been to a dermatologist (never a serious or prolong breakout) but now I am considering it. Any help or answers? Anyone else experiencing skin reactions to tried and true products?
Sponsored Links

urbanized View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2010 at 1:07pm
I think its a combination of hormones and not meeting the needs of your skin. I have the same prob. Esp when TOM comes around (so the influx of hormones occurs). I found when I use BC its not as bad or my face stay clear and glows, so I know it has something to do with hormones.

I also use Aveeno products which works wonders for sensitive skin. Both the face/body wash and lotions. But I would still consult with a DR

MissMesha View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2010 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by urbanized urbanized wrote:

I think its a combination of hormones and not meeting the needs of your skin. I have the same prob. Esp when TOM comes around (so the influx of hormones occurs). I found when I use BC its not as bad or my face stay clear and glows, so I know it has something to do with hormones.

I also use Aveeno products which works wonders for sensitive skin. Both the face/body wash and lotions. But I would still consult with a DR

I agree 100%
tiavalentine View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2010 at 9:02pm
I think it's my maturing skin and possible sensitivity to chemicals and pesticides in foods as I get older. It seems that everything breaks my skin out. I used to use Aveeno until my skin started breaking out. I'm now using a cream from Aubrey organics for sensitive skin that I found at Whole Foods. This seems to be doing the trick...for now.
MissMesha View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2010 at 3:24pm
^ I would suggest seeking the help of a professional, maybe even a gynecologist just to see if it's truly your hormones causing the breakouts. That's exactly what I had to do after being prescribed topical creams that did nothing for my skin. My problem was all internal due to imbalanced hormones. Now I take birth control with anti-androgens in them and my skin has improved drastically.
BasicBish View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2010 at 8:24pm

Go to a doctor
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic