BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Is it bad? I dont wanna be a Baby Momma

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 15>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 7:52am
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Here we go againLOL

This is from niccah's not wanting to acknowledge previous relationships by referring to the child's mother as an ex.  Baby's momma sounds nice and detached but is the farthest from detached you can get.  IDK.  They need to do better. 

By they did you mean the women who accept being called like that?

I am specifically referring to the fathers of the children in question.  Half the time the child isn't even a "baby" anymore.   He (the original dude who said this) was likely trying to say the woman was JUST his baby's mother and nothing more.  Everyone who ran with the term in infinitude thought it was an excellent way to segregate the mother's of their children into a nice little box.  They needed to and continue to need to do better.  
Sponsored Links

Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 7:57am
Well this "yall" aint clinging to nothing cause I don't say it, its tacky and it seems dismissive like you didn't matter. My post wasn't meant to try and shade anyone, we all have our situations to deal with. 

Edited by Princess Grace - Mar 27 2014 at 8:01am
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 8:25am
I can't stand baby momma, I know he must not respect me. He tries to call me mother of his child when I"m around but baby momma slips out so I know he refers to me as that to other people
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 8:35am
PG thats why I said I figured you were thinking about a specific person and I saw you say twice that you thought it was a tacky term.  I did understand that you were more so discussing BC and its use/or lack of use.  I had to force myself not to bring up all of the abortions probably right in this very thread that hide the fact that the "mistake" has been made even by those who expound the virtues of marriage.  I appreciate you acknowledging that everyone has issues.  The only difference between their mistakes and an unwed mother's is the visible indications that a child has been born. 
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 8:58am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

PG thats why I said I figured you were thinking about a specific person and I saw you say twice that you thought it was a tacky term.  I did understand that you were more so discussing BC and its use/or lack of use.  I had to force myself not to bring up all of the abortions probably right in this very thread that hide the fact that the "mistake" has been made even by those who expound the virtues of marriage.  I appreciate you acknowledging that everyone has issues.  The only difference between their mistakes and an unwed mother's is the visible indications that a child has been born. 

I appreciate this post. Not to say women with children are better than women without or vice versa. But women love to flaunt how they DON'T have children and men love to talk about men who date women with children.
It is so crazy to me, because many of these women have had pregnancy scares and/or have been pregnant and just did not birth the child. 
Just wanted to add that.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 9:05am
So true but even w/o a pregnancy scare we have all made questionable decisions and/or found ourselves in questionable scenarios that most ppl don't know about.  From our first breath we start making mistakes.  Its impossible to pick and choose which mistakes warrant wrath and condemnation w/o having "at least I didn't do that" in the back of our minds.   And when it doesn't happen we're flirting with hypocrisy. 
nala52808 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote nala52808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 9:49am
I dont like the word Babymomma. For some reason I always think of Teyana Taylor's annoying ass when she was yelling BYYYYYYRRROONNN! In that Tyler Perry movie

When a guy says that's his babymomma, it makes me think she just a chick he accidently knocked up, and now she want a child support check

Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 9:57am
Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

Do you have a problem being referred to as a "babymomma"? My friends and I were discussing this and it seems the ones that were in relationships (and are older) take offense to being described as that while the ones that are younger (and also a bit more hood) take pride in it. 

Thoughts? 

Geesh it's ghetto all around. Who are are we kidding here?

Decent folk get married and establish a firm foundation BEFORE they bring a child into the world.

Any other choice is irresponsible.

Edited by Printer_Ink - Mar 27 2014 at 9:59am
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 9:59am
I understand there are different circumstances but in life you make choices and you will have to live with them.....this is one of them.....people are offended by the term because no one wants to be just a baby momma......so you dress up a term that is an accurate depiction of the situation......you say childs mother.......hell you should still be offended at that too.....just because it sounds better doesn't make it better........like it or not most women aspire to be wives.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 10:09am
I have yet to see a fat bish on BHM deny being fat ......but these baby mommas in deep denial.....I eat a shyt load of pasta and buttery bread and you got pregnant out of wedlock.......we all take Ls.....Im not in here saying I don't like the term fat call me pleasingly plump....naw I be like welp you got me.....Im a fattyLOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 15>
  Share Topic