Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is it bad? I don't wanna be a "Baby Momma"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
 

Is it bad? I don't wanna be a "Baby Momma"

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 16>




The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Feb 10 2011
Location: On My Throne
Status: Offline
Points: 74661
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 6:52am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Does anyone find it odd that people seem upset about someone saying baby momma instead of Erica Jacobs mom but did they express this same anger, outrage, oh no you didn't attitude when for whatever circumstances ....

That you didn't see fit to take birth control when its so much out there
That for reasons unknown either you didnt want to get married or werent asked pre baby


Economic situations aside, religious thoughts out the window and even if it is common in this day and age that it should not be the norm?



I find it kind of odd that you're so adamant that having a baby w/o being married requires scorn and outrage.   Can you explain your justification for this thinking?  Who made this rule?  Do you believe that once a rule about the social "norm" is made it must be followed until the end of time?  Regardless of how actual people live their lives?

Because I can think of a whole heap of sh*t that was not a social norm just 25 years ago. 


I am not scorned or outraged about what people choose to do with their lives at all, people get their own self in their own situations.In MY experience when the term baby momma was used it seemed to be meant in a 'shade" type manner.

So go ahead and have all the children you want but I would hope you can afford health insurance, not applying for foodstamps 7 days after ept said your were with child though, If not you  should call yourself  a selfish bird and the term baby momma should be the last thing on your mind cause clearly you have bigger fish to fry.




Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Feb 10 2011
Location: On My Throne
Status: Offline
Points: 74661
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 7:04am
Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

[QUOTE=Princess Grace]Does anyone find it odd that people seem upset about someone saying baby momma instead of Erica Jacobs mom but did they express this same anger, outrage, oh no you didn't attitude when for whatever circumstances ....

That you didn't see fit to take birth control when its so much out there
That for reasons unknown either you didnt want to get married or werent asked pre baby


Economic situations aside, religious thoughts out the window and even if it is common in this day and age that it should not be the norm?


 Why do you assume that a woman "didn't see fit" to take birth control....just because she got pregnant? There to date is no form of contraception that is 100% effective. Every woman who is (or has) phucked without a ring "put themselves in the position" to be a "baby mama". No one is "safe" unless they are faithfully married or virgins. 

Being a single mother shouldn't be the norm, but for reasons outside of all that you have listed...it happens. Most single mothers didn't intend/want to be single parents. 

[/QUOTE

So I am the only one who knows some chick who didn't try and take a pill, use a condom, sponge, iud, or anything else on the market with no real life plan who got knocked up? I am going by the situations that I know of first hand. 

I have a cousin who have a closet full of Gucci and stay at the Lv store but is really upset cause her sons father dont wanna pay her car note while she sit at home and post on Instagram cause she had their baby 6 MONTHS ago and doesnt want her baby in daycare. Confused

I guess none of these situations crossed their mind while they was screwing with NO birth control. So yeah if you use nothing you have a 100% chance of getting pregnant every time.
Back to Top
slayfresh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Feb 20 2008
Location: Baconville
Status: Offline
Points: 56858
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slayfresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 7:22am
just another way  to other women
Back to Top
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 06 2008
Status: Online
Points: 105873
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 7:40am
PG I knew from the first post that your ire was directed at someone you know personally.  But in your sweep you categorized a bunch of women who post on this site daily who are NOT your cousin. 

Just in general on this topic I have told my story many times but I'll say again I was asked twice by son's father to marry him but it was not something I was willing to do.   There are mothers here who were ready to have children and at an age where it was quickly becoming a fading dream.  There are divorced mothers who left abusive relationships for a better for life for themselves and their children.  There are mothers here in committed, loving relationships with their partner but they don't feel that marriage is necessary to validate their family unit. 

My only point in all this typing is everyone responds to this thread topic based solely on their personal experience instead of thinking about the fact that this phrase was likely coined as a way of diminishing the significance of a specific type of unwed BLACK mother.  Then on top of that 50-11 people want to come in and staunchly cling to the idea that the mere act of not being with the man who fathered your child makes you that very disrespectful and derogatory term.  Of course children need both parents in the home but do y'all live on a planet where that is in fact the way the world is.  Is there some magical sh*t that binds a man and woman together regardless of how well they function as a unit?  LMKS so because it always breaks my heart when couples break up.  I would give that sh*t away for free. 

Y'all can't cling to that sh*t and say it is what it is.  Your opinions don't make it a fact.  Your moral center of confucckery doesn't make it a fact.  If the mother of a black child has already said she finds it disrespectful why hold on to that sh*t like it came straight from the great book of "sh*t I know for a fact"? 

Because it conveys your level of respect for that woman.  It is a badge of honor that women carry around.  Good for them.  If it helps quiets the mistakes and poor choices that have been made by those women I am happy to be the poster child for sh*t they didn't do.  I'm here for that but let's just call it what it is and stop trying to act like we're sticking to the Webster's dictionary for the sake of educational purposes.  FOH.  People need to grow up.  Its childish and outdated and ignorant at the same time.  I give zero fcks about what the assessment of me as a person is based on my experiences but its funny that y'all knowingly come in these threads saying outlandish sh*t trying to get a rise out of single mothers who might feel some type of way.  Nobody just started posted here yesterdayLOL

And with that said - oh how the (high and) mighty fall. 
Back to Top
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 06 2008
Status: Online
Points: 105873
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 7:52am
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:


Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Here we go againLOL

This is from niccah's not wanting to acknowledge previous relationships by referring to the child's mother as an ex.  Baby's momma sounds nice and detached but is the farthest from detached you can get.  IDK.  They need to do better. 


By they did you mean the women who accept being called like that?


I am specifically referring to the fathers of the children in question.  Half the time the child isn't even a "baby" anymore.   He (the original dude who said this) was likely trying to say the woman was JUST his baby's mother and nothing more.  Everyone who ran with the term in infinitude thought it was an excellent way to segregate the mother's of their children into a nice little box.  They needed to and continue to need to do better.  
Back to Top
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Feb 10 2011
Location: On My Throne
Status: Offline
Points: 74661
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 7:57am
Well this "yall" aint clinging to nothing cause I don't say it, its tacky and it seems dismissive like you didn't matter. My post wasn't meant to try and shade anyone, we all have our situations to deal with. 

Edited by Princess Grace - Mar 27 2014 at 8:01am
Back to Top
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: May 12 2011
Location: TX
Status: Offline
Points: 6657
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 8:25am
I can't stand baby momma, I know he must not respect me. He tries to call me mother of his child when I"m around but baby momma slips out so I know he refers to me as that to other people
Back to Top
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 06 2008
Status: Online
Points: 105873
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 8:35am
PG thats why I said I figured you were thinking about a specific person and I saw you say twice that you thought it was a tacky term.  I did understand that you were more so discussing BC and its use/or lack of use.  I had to force myself not to bring up all of the abortions probably right in this very thread that hide the fact that the "mistake" has been made even by those who expound the virtues of marriage.  I appreciate you acknowledging that everyone has issues.  The only difference between their mistakes and an unwed mother's is the visible indications that a child has been born. 
Back to Top
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: May 12 2011
Location: TX
Status: Offline
Points: 6657
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 8:58am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

PG thats why I said I figured you were thinking about a specific person and I saw you say twice that you thought it was a tacky term.  I did understand that you were more so discussing BC and its use/or lack of use.  I had to force myself not to bring up all of the abortions probably right in this very thread that hide the fact that the "mistake" has been made even by those who expound the virtues of marriage.  I appreciate you acknowledging that everyone has issues.  The only difference between their mistakes and an unwed mother's is the visible indications that a child has been born. 

I appreciate this post. Not to say women with children are better than women without or vice versa. But women love to flaunt how they DON'T have children and men love to talk about men who date women with children.
It is so crazy to me, because many of these women have had pregnancy scares and/or have been pregnant and just did not birth the child. 
Just wanted to add that.
Back to Top
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 06 2008
Status: Online
Points: 105873
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 9:05am
So true but even w/o a pregnancy scare we have all made questionable decisions and/or found ourselves in questionable scenarios that most ppl don't know about.  From our first breath we start making mistakes.  Its impossible to pick and choose which mistakes warrant wrath and condemnation w/o having "at least I didn't do that" in the back of our minds.   And when it doesn't happen we're flirting with hypocrisy. 
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 16>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down