Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Is it bad? I dont wanna be a Baby Momma

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 15>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:50pm
Its a super sad weave world we got these days. I blame Bush
Sponsored Links

305bgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 305bgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 12:13am
I say child's mother/babymama depending on who I am referring to. Babymama does flow beautifully off the tongue and for SOME single/never-married mothers, it is more than appropriate imo. I do refer to a wife with a child/children as a wife and an ex-wife that had kids while previously married, as an ex-wife.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 1:14am
Originally posted by Meme0887 Meme0887 wrote:

Yes..

I see nothing positive about being one. 

Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

basically baby momma is for the lower class and/or tacky

I agree with both.

Originally posted by thewonderfulwa thewonderfulwa wrote:

I don't use the term in my life & I find it to be disrespectful as some way to diminish the importance of the mother so yes it is offensive.

I don't use the term either, and I find it ghetto.

Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Here we go againLOL

This is from niccah's not wanting to acknowledge previous relationships by referring to the child's mother as an ex.  Baby's momma sounds nice and detached but is the farthest from detached you can get.  IDK.  They need to do better. 

By they did you mean the women who accept being called like that?
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 2:27am
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Does anyone find it odd that people seem upset about someone saying baby momma instead of Erica Jacobs mom but did they express this same anger, outrage, oh no you didn't attitude when for whatever circumstances ....

That you didn't see fit to take birth control when its so much out there
That for reasons unknown either you didnt want to get married or werent asked pre baby

Economic situations aside, religious thoughts out the window and even if it is common in this day and age that it should not be the norm?

Why do you assume that a woman "didn't see fit" to take birth control....just because she got pregnant? There to date is no form of contraception that is 100% effective. Every woman who is (or has) phucked without a ring "put themselves in the position" to be a "baby mama". No one is "safe" unless they are faithfully married or virgins. 

Being a single mother shouldn't be the norm, but for reasons outside of all that you have listed...it happens. Most single mothers didn't intend/want to be single parents. 

Edited by OhMyCurlz - Mar 27 2014 at 2:49am
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 2:39am

Does anyone find it odd that people seem upset about someone saying baby momma instead of Erica Jacobs mom but did they express this same anger, outrage, oh no you didn't attitude when for whatever circumstances ....

That for reasons unknown either you didnt want to get married or werent asked pre baby

Economic situations aside, religious thoughts out the window and even if it is common in this day and age that it should not be the norm?

I find it kind of odd that you're so adamant that having a baby w/o being married requires scorn and outrage.   Can you explain your justification for this thinking?  Who made this rule?  Do you believe that once a rule about the social "norm" is made it must be followed until the end of time?  Regardless of how actual people live their lives?

Because I can think of a whole heap of sh*t that was not a social norm just 25 years ago. 

Agreed. I think it's kind of weird that people in 2014 actually think they are exempt from being a single mother.....all while having pre-marital sex. 

I think some people sort of look down on single moms (who have never been married). 

If you have sex at any point in time while you are not married than you could have very well become a single mom (baby mama). That's statistically, most women in this country at some point. If you think that that IUD is going to prevent you from getting pregnant and keep you from being a "baby mama" with 100% certainty that's fine...but it's not true. 

Women who give birth within a marriage are not better than women who give birth outside of marriage. They are all mothers deserving of some level of respect if they are raising their children as best they can. 

iliveforbhm View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 5:47am
I just say so and so mother or father.
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 6:52am

I find it kind of odd that you're so adamant that having a baby w/o being married requires scorn and outrage.   Can you explain your justification for this thinking?  Who made this rule?  Do you believe that once a rule about the social "norm" is made it must be followed until the end of time?  Regardless of how actual people live their lives?

Because I can think of a whole heap of sh*t that was not a social norm just 25 years ago. 

I am not scorned or outraged about what people choose to do with their lives at all, people get their own self in their own situations.In MY experience when the term baby momma was used it seemed to be meant in a 'shade" type manner.

So go ahead and have all the children you want but I would hope you can afford health insurance, not applying for foodstamps 7 days after ept said your were with child though, If not you  should call yourself  a selfish bird and the term baby momma should be the last thing on your mind cause clearly you have bigger fish to fry.

Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 7:04am
Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

[QUOTE=Princess Grace]Does anyone find it odd that people seem upset about someone saying baby momma instead of Erica Jacobs mom but did they express this same anger, outrage, oh no you didn't attitude when for whatever circumstances ....

Why do you assume that a woman "didn't see fit" to take birth control....just because she got pregnant? There to date is no form of contraception that is 100% effective. Every woman who is (or has) phucked without a ring "put themselves in the position" to be a "baby mama". No one is "safe" unless they are faithfully married or virgins. 

Being a single mother shouldn't be the norm, but for reasons outside of all that you have listed...it happens. Most single mothers didn't intend/want to be single parents. 

[/QUOTE

So I am the only one who knows some chick who didn't try and take a pill, use a condom, sponge, iud, or anything else on the market with no real life plan who got knocked up? I am going by the situations that I know of first hand. 

I have a cousin who have a closet full of Gucci and stay at the Lv store but is really upset cause her sons father dont wanna pay her car note while she sit at home and post on Instagram cause she had their baby 6 MONTHS ago and doesnt want her baby in daycare. Confused

I guess none of these situations crossed their mind while they was screwing with NO birth control. So yeah if you use nothing you have a 100% chance of getting pregnant every time.
slayfresh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slayfresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 7:22am
just another way  to other women
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 7:40am
PG I knew from the first post that your ire was directed at someone you know personally.  But in your sweep you categorized a bunch of women who post on this site daily who are NOT your cousin. 

Just in general on this topic I have told my story many times but I'll say again I was asked twice by son's father to marry him but it was not something I was willing to do.   There are mothers here who were ready to have children and at an age where it was quickly becoming a fading dream.  There are divorced mothers who left abusive relationships for a better for life for themselves and their children.  There are mothers here in committed, loving relationships with their partner but they don't feel that marriage is necessary to validate their family unit. 

My only point in all this typing is everyone responds to this thread topic based solely on their personal experience instead of thinking about the fact that this phrase was likely coined as a way of diminishing the significance of a specific type of unwed BLACK mother.  Then on top of that 50-11 people want to come in and staunchly cling to the idea that the mere act of not being with the man who fathered your child makes you that very disrespectful and derogatory term.  Of course children need both parents in the home but do y'all live on a planet where that is in fact the way the world is.  Is there some magical sh*t that binds a man and woman together regardless of how well they function as a unit?  LMKS so because it always breaks my heart when couples break up.  I would give that sh*t away for free. 

Y'all can't cling to that sh*t and say it is what it is.  Your opinions don't make it a fact.  Your moral center of confucckery doesn't make it a fact.  If the mother of a black child has already said she finds it disrespectful why hold on to that sh*t like it came straight from the great book of "sh*t I know for a fact"? 

Because it conveys your level of respect for that woman.  It is a badge of honor that women carry around.  Good for them.  If it helps quiets the mistakes and poor choices that have been made by those women I am happy to be the poster child for sh*t they didn't do.  I'm here for that but let's just call it what it is and stop trying to act like we're sticking to the Webster's dictionary for the sake of educational purposes.  FOH.  People need to grow up.  Its childish and outdated and ignorant at the same time.  I give zero fcks about what the assessment of me as a person is based on my experiences but its funny that y'all knowingly come in these threads saying outlandish sh*t trying to get a rise out of single mothers who might feel some type of way.  Nobody just started posted here yesterdayLOL

And with that said - oh how the (high and) mighty fall. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 15>
  Share Topic