Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Is it bad? I don't wanna be a "Baby Momma"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 16>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:35pm
Im not mad or outraged, Im just surprised that people act surprised when people say it. I said pages ago I thought it was tacky and for the record I dont say so and so's baby momma or baby daddy. 

Edited by Princess Grace - Mar 26 2014 at 10:37pm
Sponsored Links

herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:40pm
Thanks Glam *sigh*
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:45pm
why did nature girl have to close?
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by herwoman herwoman wrote:

Thanks Glam *sigh*

Yeah, I dont know what they have going on nowadaysOuch Maybe their hair quality is back to normal by now.
herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:50pm
Its a super sad weave world we got these days. I blame Bush
305bgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 305bgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 12:13am
I say child's mother/babymama depending on who I am referring to. Babymama does flow beautifully off the tongue and for SOME single/never-married mothers, it is more than appropriate imo. I do refer to a wife with a child/children as a wife and an ex-wife that had kids while previously married, as an ex-wife.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 1:14am
Originally posted by Meme0887 Meme0887 wrote:

Yes..

I see nothing positive about being one. 

Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

basically baby momma is for the lower class and/or tacky

I agree with both.

Originally posted by thewonderfulwa thewonderfulwa wrote:

I don't use the term in my life & I find it to be disrespectful as some way to diminish the importance of the mother so yes it is offensive.

I don't use the term either, and I find it ghetto.

Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Here we go againLOL

This is from niccah's not wanting to acknowledge previous relationships by referring to the child's mother as an ex.  Baby's momma sounds nice and detached but is the farthest from detached you can get.  IDK.  They need to do better. 

By they did you mean the women who accept being called like that?
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 2:27am
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Does anyone find it odd that people seem upset about someone saying baby momma instead of Erica Jacobs mom but did they express this same anger, outrage, oh no you didn't attitude when for whatever circumstances ....

That you didn't see fit to take birth control when its so much out there
That for reasons unknown either you didnt want to get married or werent asked pre baby

Economic situations aside, religious thoughts out the window and even if it is common in this day and age that it should not be the norm?

Why do you assume that a woman "didn't see fit" to take birth control....just because she got pregnant? There to date is no form of contraception that is 100% effective. Every woman who is (or has) phucked without a ring "put themselves in the position" to be a "baby mama". No one is "safe" unless they are faithfully married or virgins. 

Being a single mother shouldn't be the norm, but for reasons outside of all that you have listed...it happens. Most single mothers didn't intend/want to be single parents. 

Edited by OhMyCurlz - Mar 27 2014 at 2:49am
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 2:39am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Does anyone find it odd that people seem upset about someone saying baby momma instead of Erica Jacobs mom but did they express this same anger, outrage, oh no you didn't attitude when for whatever circumstances ....

That you didn't see fit to take birth control when its so much out there
That for reasons unknown either you didnt want to get married or werent asked pre baby

Economic situations aside, religious thoughts out the window and even if it is common in this day and age that it should not be the norm?

I find it kind of odd that you're so adamant that having a baby w/o being married requires scorn and outrage.   Can you explain your justification for this thinking?  Who made this rule?  Do you believe that once a rule about the social "norm" is made it must be followed until the end of time?  Regardless of how actual people live their lives?

Because I can think of a whole heap of sh*t that was not a social norm just 25 years ago. 

Agreed. I think it's kind of weird that people in 2014 actually think they are exempt from being a single mother.....all while having pre-marital sex. 

I think some people sort of look down on single moms (who have never been married). 

If you have sex at any point in time while you are not married than you could have very well become a single mom (baby mama). That's statistically, most women in this country at some point. If you think that that IUD is going to prevent you from getting pregnant and keep you from being a "baby mama" with 100% certainty that's fine...but it's not true. 

Women who give birth within a marriage are not better than women who give birth outside of marriage. They are all mothers deserving of some level of respect if they are raising their children as best they can. 

iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 5:47am
I just say so and so mother or father.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 16>