Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Is it bad? I dont wanna be a Baby Momma

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by bindy bindy wrote:

LMFAO.....@ this gifDead

in the J'can context, its babymother, and its not something thats looked down on. In fact, the babymother gets plenty of respect, or comes first. (where is Diane? I need one of her eloquent posts on the matterLOL) babymother is even used to describe upper crust women, who have a child by a man who they are not married to. I cant recall any outrage over the term.

For some reason i feel likein the US context, babymama bares a different connotation, even though its the same thing, just worded differently?

Edited by Wildfire - Mar 26 2014 at 1:33pm
Sponsored Links

mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 1:44pm
If you have a baby.....your are the momma.....and a baby momma.....they hate the term.....I rather be more worried with having wedlock babies...
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

If you have a baby.....your are the momma.....and a baby momma.....they hate the term.....I rather be more worried with having wedlock babies...

but the term implies that you are indeed referring to your bastard baby and their mother.  it was not/is not a term referring to wedlock babies. yes, "technically" every woman on earth who has ever given birth is a baby momma but that's not what that term means or its origination.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

but the term implies that you are indeed referring to your bastard baby and their mother.  it was not/is not a term referring to wedlock babies. yes, "technically" every woman on earth who has ever given birth is a baby momma but that's not what that term means or its origination.

These thoughts aren't related.....one is my opinion on the subject the other is a bigger issue that is more important......LOL

Edited by mizzsandra00 - Mar 26 2014 at 1:54pm
Yardgirl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Yardgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

LMFAO.....@ this gifDead

in the J'can context, its babymother, and its not something thats looked down on. In fact, the babymother gets plenty of respect, or comes first. (where is Diane? I need one of her eloquent posts on the matterLOL) babymother is even used to describe upper crust women, who have a child by a man who they are not married to. I cant recall any outrage over the term.

For some reason i feel likein the US context, babymama bares a different connotation, even though its the same thing, just worded differently?

ConfusedConfused 

Are we from the same place?
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 2:00pm
I mean...people gon always have a opinion about anything that you do so it shouldn't even matter. Just be the best you you can be. That sounds corny but you know what I mean. You might be a baby mama but you can be doing better than a lot of people without kids or people who were married when they had kids. It's just another form of cattiness. 
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 2:01pm
This may be a bit off topic, but it especially bothers me to hear the "main stream" use that word. I remember when Fox called Michelle Obama a "babymomma" and then justified it by saying that there is a movie called "Baby Momma" with an all white cast. 
P31chick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P31chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 2:02pm
I just dont like the grammatical aspect of the phrase....Id be okay with babies Mother....cause it is what it is, just use proper grammer is all I'm saying.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 2:03pm
UOTE=Yardgirl]
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

LMFAO.....@ this gifDead

in the J'can context, its babymother, and its not something thats looked down on. In fact, the babymother gets plenty of respect, or comes first. (where is Diane? I need one of her eloquent posts on the matterLOLbabymother is even used to describe upper crust women, who have a child by a man who they are not married to. I cant recall any outrage over the term.

ConfusedConfused 

[/QUOTE]

Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Yardgirl Yardgirl wrote:

ConfusedConfused 

Everybody knows we areConfused

That's why i asked for other opinions. Your experiences may be different. I dont know. Ive never seen or heard a babymother scorned or reviled because she is a babymother. Usually there are other issues related to why the woman is treated or looked at a certain way --maybe not getting along with the family; she had a child with a man who was already married, etc. Even the dancehall DJs treat the babymothers with respect ---

and yes YG, I have heard the term "babymother" used to describe uptown hoity-toity women how have kids out of wedlock. Nobody says "baby's mother". 

Edited by Wildfire - Mar 26 2014 at 2:10pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>