BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Is it bad? I don't wanna be a "Baby Momma"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 16>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ds2nice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Ds2nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 2:31pm
Well I don't take any pride in that.  I guess i'm still old fashioned.  I still feel that there is something terribly wrong if you're not good enough to be a wife but good enough to be a baby mama.
Sponsored Links

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

i may have referred to my dh as my future baby daddy

Guilty.  After the last time we talked about this and I heard yt ppl start saying it I knew we had to do betterDead

ETA:  OMG ducky that is so true because we mean it as saying basically you turned out to be "not sh*t" but a baby daddy. 

Edited by kfoxx1998 - Mar 26 2014 at 2:33pm
Ds2nice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ds2nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 2:35pm
Baby Daddy the same thing.  Whenever i hear someone refer to a person as baby daddy, my mind automatically thinks low of that man.   I guess its because of what I used to see when I was young and it just stuck with me that this is not a good thing to have.

But to each its own.  I see baby mamas and baby daddies having better relationships than married couples these days.  So its all about each person's preference and values. 

Edited by Ds2nice - Mar 26 2014 at 2:39pm
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

i may have referred to my dh as my future baby daddy

Guilty.  After the last time we talked about this and I heard yt ppl start saying it I knew we had to do betterDead

ETA:  OMG ducky that is so true because we mean it as saying basically you turned out to be "not sh*t" but a baby daddy. 

This. 

I feel like they lurk around corners and sh*t to hear the latest verbiage that we use.....even the things that we don't even think of as a "term" or wouldn't want appropriated. Like truthfully, "baby momma" is just an example of bad grammar at it's core (with negative connotations). 

Then here they go making movies and ish out of it......
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 2:53pm

asked my husband if he would be upset if he was called baby daddy

he looked at me crazy and said yes
Yardgirl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Yardgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Originally posted by Yardgirl Yardgirl wrote:

ConfusedConfused 

Are we from the same place?

Everybody knows we areConfused

That's why i asked for other opinions. Your experiences may be different. I dont know. Ive never seen or heard a babymother scorned or reviled because she is a babymother. Usually there are other issues related to why the woman is treated or looked at a certain way --maybe not getting along with the family; she had a child with a man who was already married, etc. Even the dancehall DJs treat the babymothers with respect ---

and yes YG, I have heard the term "babymother" used to describe uptown hoity-toity women how have kids out of wedlock. Nobody says "baby's mother". 

People say child's mother though. I've spent my fair share of time around the upper crust and they use son's mother or daughter's mother. Then again, they don't have children out of wedlock like that; even if it means a shotgun wedding. Respect for a woman because she's a particular man's BM is usually a ghetto type of mentality. 

You're right, no one is reviled because she's a BM. However, it's widely understood that the parents of the child might not have been in a committed relationship.
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 2:57pm
So its the term that is diminishing your honor, and not the fact that you had a baby out of wedlock???  Yeah okay, lets go with that.
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 2:59pm

People say child's mother though. I've spent my fair share of time around the upper crust and they use son's mother or daughter's mother. Then again, they don't have children out of wedlock like that; even if it means a shotgun wedding. Respect for a woman because she's a particular man's BM is usually a ghetto type of mentality. 

This isnt true in my experience. I know - and know of- upper crust women who are in long term, and short term relationships in which they have a child or children. Emily Crooks is not married to Mark Shields. I consider her upper crust of sorts. Not of the Matalon calibre, but upper crust, nonetheless, and i can think of several other women.

It doesnt happen on the wide scale as it does with "downtown" women, but it does happen.
Yardgirl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yardgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

This isnt true in my experience. I know - and know of- upper crust women who are in long term, and short term relationships in which they have a child or children. Emily Crooks is not married to Mark Shields. I consider her upper crust of sorts. Not of the Matalon calibre, but upper crust, nonetheless, and i can think of several other women.

It doesnt happen on the wide scale as it does with "downtown" women, but it does happen.

Oh I meant UPPER crust types, not Emily Crooks. She's a well-known professional which is a big difference. And they're getting married this year, apparently. He's so hot to me LOL

Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 3:14pm
Professional or hoodrat, if he didn't marry you but skeeted a baby in you , you made yourself a baby momma. That applies to the Upper East Side or the Bronx. 

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 16>