FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is it always a parent's fault??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2013 at 5:57am
it's probably the parents fault. 
Sponsored Links

Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2013 at 6:17am
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

It can be the parent facilitating an environment that encourages bad behavior, the child may have a mental disorder causing him to act out and/or a combination of both. ODD is an example.
This, but (in my experience) it's SO rarely the latter.

More often than not, sh!tty parenting produces problem children.

This.

I don't have kids because I understood the responsibilies of parenthood ... at an early age (a big reader). So I knew it would be a big commitment but some folks just 'have kids' and let the chips fall where they may. So then you might have a monster on your hands.

But yes, the parents more than likely did not do somethng right for the child etc. For example - every child is unique so if you try to disipline them all the same .. problems.

If he is that bad now ... give him 10 more years. :(

Edited by Printer_Ink - Dec 26 2013 at 6:27am
LovesHim View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovesHim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2013 at 7:48am
i dont understand how you cant manage your 6/7 year old.... Most kids at that age want adult approval.... most of the time its the parents fault.... kids are taught most behaviors.... where is his mother at ...his daddy betta get control of that lil boy cause the police will love to in the future 

reminds me of a 5th grader where I work.... he beat up his pregnant teacher and the parent was upset about his suspension and stated he shouldnt be punished because he was POOR....
aint sh*t parents i cant
Krystal Klear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krystal Klear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2013 at 8:05am
If this is your brothers child, does he live with him what does the mother say? Are they both lax in the discipline dept. Are they married, were they raised by lax or strict parents?
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2013 at 8:21am
Originally posted by LovesHim LovesHim wrote:

the parent was upset about his suspension and stated he shouldnt be punished because he was POOR....
What the entire fück?
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2013 at 8:37am
I don't know.

I have a longtime friend (friends since elementary school) that has 3 boys.

The oldest boy has always been a monster.
Her & her husband are confused about where they went wrong with him.

He's better when Dad is right there, but when my friend has him solo..spankings, time-outs, taking things away, talking.. nothing seems to correct his behavior. AND SHE IS A G.

He laughs at punishment.

He's 9 and I see juvenile detention in his near future.

She knows not to bring him to my house. LOL
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2013 at 9:50am
In order to dicipline the child .. your friend needs to discover what the child REALLY likes - and then control his access to THAT thing.

That's why 'nothing' seems to work and he just laughs at spankings.

mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2013 at 10:09am
Parents fault.....
mommykat View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mommykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2013 at 10:50am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

it's probably the parents fault. 

ITA... My son can be extra...

However, if I keep him busy in sports, books, extra, extra homework etc… he’s fine.
He loves to test the limits at 4 ½ --- this I can understand. I like to discipline with love and a little talk.
I truly believe that most children behaviors stems from a person/people in their environment (PIE---one of my old social work terms). Most good children outgrow “bad” behavior…
I'm a seasoned parent--- so I look at thinks a little different/ like see below:

Sometimes “bad behaviors can be teachable moments”
ANGELA BASSETT TALKS ABOUT SON’S ENCOUNTER WITH PRESIDENT OBAMA

mommykat View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mommykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2013 at 10:51am
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

In order to dicipline the child .. your friend needs to discover what the child REALLY likes - and then control his access to THAT thing.

That's why 'nothing' seems to work and he just laughs at spankings.

... ITA with the above
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System