Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Breakage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is it actually possible for hair to break off?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
KhadiNiaomi View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KhadiNiaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it actually possible for hair to break off?
    Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 6:00pm
I when I say break off I mean the ends literally breaking causing a visible notice in length, as like hair getting shorter is that possible? Because I think I experience that I am trying to grow my hair pasded freaking bra strap length and my hair right now is horrible it looks very thin and short, which is VERY weird even my friend told me that it looks shorter is it because the hair is thinning? And can breakage make hair thinner too?? I really want to trim my hair like I feel like weiiird.. I dont like this cause my has always been thick and long so yeah help me please
Sponsored Links

Loveverythinghair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Loveverythinghair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 7:31pm

Yes it is actually possible for hair to break off and get thin and shorter. 

My hair does that in the very center and it acts better when I do clip my dead ends.
Some people say you don't have to trim or clip the dead ends for your hair to grow, in my case you do. You either clip your dead ends or it falls,out off,etc.
I have seen it happen way to many times.

When the ends are trimmed and kept in optimal condition,less hair fall/shed.

You should try getting a hot oil treatment. I won't say a deep conditioner because too much conditioner can make your ends very brittle and continue to break.

I recommend getting a hot oil treatment after getting my ends trimmed and apply it very warm from scalp to ends and let it sit for about 5 to 10 minutes covered and then rinse and style.
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 5:10pm
try protien treatments or black tea rinses. yes breakage can cause thinning hair that's a big sign.
DEgirl2013 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DEgirl2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 8:12am
I had super thick hair that thinned out to due to Affirm Regular, and that stuff burns like crazy!!  My hair is fairly long, about 2-3" from BSL, but it's much thinner.   I hate that stuff, but I'm back to Design Essentials, and the breakage is slowing.  

I agree with what the lady said above, hot oil treatments help slow it down.  I tried Aphogee and it made it worse. Plus, I can't get rid of the residue it left.  

Oh, and I've used Silk Pearls by Smoothe N Shine for about 2 years, and just using that has made my hair feel normal again

I'm trying to post pictures of my hair before the breakage, but I can't figure it out.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DEgirl2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 8:21am
Ok, here goes nothing..this is pre-breakage and my hair was about 2" shorter.  It's a little longer, but a little thinner.  I'd rather have this!!

KhadiNiaomi View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KhadiNiaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 11:06am
I dont see anything ^ and just an update my hair is back to normal and even better it has gotten longer Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DEgirl2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by KhadiNiaomi KhadiNiaomi wrote:

I dont see anything ^ and just an update my hair is back to normal and even better it has gotten longer Smile

Really?  Let me try again...this board, ugh. lol

Oh, and congrats on that!!

Edited by DEgirl2013 - Feb 05 2013 at 1:08pm
fushroush View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fushroush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2013 at 3:30am
I recommend getting a hot oil treatment after getting my ends trimmed and apply it very warm from scalp to ends and let it sit for about 5 to 10 minutes covered and then rinse and style.
ashily_kirsten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashily_kirsten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 2:45pm
Yes.  I recommend taking biotin supplement. Have you tried biotin from Hercules? Its safe and effective biotin supplement. It will keep your hair as well as your skin and nails in a healthy condition.
Hercules Biotin is regularly included in my daily diet and everyday I'm experiencing great results. 

Here's a little fact about hercules biotin:

This product supplements the daily diet by providing the nutrients necessary for cell growth, fatty acid production and improved metabolic reactions. Biotin is also recognized for promoting blood sugar stability and is an important component of nutritional health. When used daily, Biotin is a key component in maintaining healthy blood sugar and has been linked to cosmetic benefits such as reducing hair loss and repairing brittle nails.* 

Biotin Vegetarian Capsules:
  • Part of the vitamin B Complex vitamins
  • Biotin name is taken from the Greek word "Bios" meaning "life"
  • Promotes healthy Hair, Skin and Nails
  • Supports proper metabolism
Promotes healthy blood sugar
Reduces hair loss
Repairs brittle nails
littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 12:19pm
yep, verrry possible. i know a couple of girls who are like family to me, and due to improper hair care, the youngest's hair especially in back now is broken off to her neck, while the left side of her hair around to the front is touching her shoulders. it didn't look like that the time before last i saw her, but it was starkly evident from like, a mile away this most recent time. i nearly cried seeing it, because i know she takes the WORST care of her hair. no moisture, no gentle handling, constantly running a come to overprocessed hair. it's dreadful. Cry
sad part is i try to tell them both how they can make their hair healthy, because they love my hair and always marvel at its health and stuff, but won't take any of my advice. Wacko
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>