Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Color
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedIs HENNA safe for relaxed hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Julian2Cool View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is HENNA safe for relaxed hair?
    Posted: Aug 19 2008 at 12:46am
Originally posted by brown brown wrote:

Is HENNA safe enough to use, like a rinse, that i can use it the same time i get my relaxer? Are they any chemicals in HENNA? If not, so if i mixed the stuff wrong or leave it in my hair to long will it damage it? If i have off black hair color can HENNA change my hair color to a brown or reddish brown color. Or will it only make it darker like rinses do?

I've been considering Henna myself for a while now but not too familiar with Henna really. Here is what I came up with. HTH.

Are they any chemicals in HENNA?: No harmful chemicals are used and you get deep rich color with henna for the hair. Henna hair dye will also leave your hair soft and manageable (according to the Henna website).

Is HENNA safe enough to use, like a rinse, that i can use it the same time i get my relaxer? http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247765 (see link)

If i have off black hair color can HENNA change my hair color to a brown or reddish brown color. Or will it only make it darker like rinses do?
http://www.hennaforhair.com/mixes/index.html (see link)

Sponsored Links

Adinkrah View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2008 at 6:21am
My aunt uses henna to colour her grays but the says it drys out the hair so you will probably need a deep condition after you use it.
Ms.Allyse View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2008 at 9:04am
Bookmark!
Nigerian queen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2008 at 4:42pm
henna makes your hair (strands) stronger, thicker, and shinier. my mother has been hennaing her hair for as long as i can remember, and she is relaxed. the feeling of dryness from henna, last a max 2-3 days, and your hair is back to normal, or you can avoid it by doing a moisture deeep condition. which is advisable, not to mention good for you hairBig%20smile JUST MAKE SURE IT IS BODY ART QUALITY! henna does NOT come in different colors!( any color apart from red, means something else have been added to it, or might not even be henna!!!)
it is natural, it is just dried ground up henna plant leaves.

it will give you a reddish tint, and how noticeable the tint is all depends on the color of your hair. the more you henna, the redder it gets.

HairIam View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2008 at 7:18am
As long as you're using Body Art Quality Henna then you should be alright.  I did a henna treatment 2 weeks before my relaxer and my hair was strong. I had no issues with my hair breaking or drying out.
DarkEyes View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2008 at 8:26pm
How often does everyone like to henna with relaxed hair?
mcelweewife View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2008 at 10:33am
I didnt know Cathy Howse recommended henna'ing. I am forever grateful on her suggestion of using Bigen to dye the hair though. Henna is VERY good for the hair!! ESPECIALLY if it is relaxed. Henna should be mixed with EVOO or Coconut oil. That helps with the dryness. I ALWAYS make sure I use suave conditioner on my hair RIGHT after I rinse my henna out. I do this every Thursday.

All I use in mine is EVOO, warm tap water and peppermint oil to cut the smell. I use 50 grams and I do it every Thursday. It has made my hair MUCH thicker, That stuff along with using Cathy's conditioner every Monday has worked kept my hair is decent shape. I really believe that's how I was able to get away with triple processing my hair (relaxing, bleaching and dying) and still having hair on my head.  I am amazed I have any left after all the abuse it's taken over the years.
DarkEyes View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2008 at 1:29pm
I did my second henna yesterday, and I like it except I never really feel that I've rinsed it all out...Confused
loveable37 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2008 at 11:02pm
I tried HENNA 4 weeks ago and it made my hair strong,thicker.and SHEDDIN(.ShockedI knew i washed it all out real good.
my hair was still EXTREMELY dry whether i deep condition or not my hair felt like straws.
Binwin View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2008 at 11:19pm
I've been using henna for the last 5 years, I henna twice a month. I've had no problems with henna'ing and relaxing the same day. What I like to do when I apply is to wash my hair with a cheapie conditioner like Suave or VO5. This helps with the dryness - I use half the bottle sometimes! The benefits of Henna are unsurpassed. It's made my hair thicker and stronger. 
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic