| missunfoolish wrote:|
he's just a friend, if i can call him that.
making new friends not really my thing, and talking to him just makes me happy but also sad
but i think since he's got a response from me everytime we talked, its ok to leave me hanging
im analyzing things now. i just thought he'd try harder to be in my
life, but since i said we're "ok for now" its good enough for him to
think he's 'got' me.
It sounds like you are misreading this (because you are conflicted about your feelings for him?). Learn to trust your instincts. If you thought he was lying such that you broke it off .. probably you were correct .. but inside you still like him.
You dumped him .. but you expect that now he would try harder to be in your life? Umm that's not the way it works - as evidenced by the hot/cold way he's acting. I would expect that he would be hurt and/or angry that you dumped him and this would lead to his next actions.
Yes, it could be that he feels bad for lying and is just trying to do something right - only he's STILL not doing you right if he is leaving you hanging like this
- playing hot and cold such that you had to write to us for our input. This tells me you know something is not right here.
1) He goes his own way .. and if you run into each other somewhere in the future, you just say nice things to each other, smile politely and push on. This is very common.
2) If he wants you back. If he wanted to be back in your life .. he would do just that. He would 'Court' you, Asking you out, calling you, spending time with you so that he can explain that he was not lying etc - trying to figure out how to mend the relationship. That what guys do when they want you back.
But he's not doing that. He is sounding you out trying to see if and how you will respond to the little crumbs he throws your way. Remember - he knows you so he probably knows you are conflicted about the breakup. Sounds like he's pulling the strings now so I would say ... he thinks he's 'got' you.
btw - It's hard to 'just be friends' with a guy you dumped. That's usually what I say when I want to let him down easy and not cause an upset. But no, I don't contact my exes or contact them and engage in friendly conversation .. hang out now and then like I do with my real friends. Nooo either it's ON for you two as being in a relatiionship or you both go your own way.
3) The other option would be that he wants to pull you back into to it part way so he can then dump you (so you can be hurt like you hurt him)
4) or he wants to keep you around so that he can have sex with you whenever. This is very likely in fact
Be careful. You may get hurt in the end.
(and why is Chris Brown your avi? He would be like the poster child for guys that treat women badly, doesn't understand the gravity of what he's done but doesnt have to understand because that stupid girl (Rhi rhi) blames herself and will try to get him back. Whoa. Talk about a dead end situation. Can't stand to look at him.)
Edited by Printer_Ink - Jul 10 2013 at 5:07am