BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > My Spirituality > Inspirational Scriptures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Topic ClosedIs God not hearing you

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
catredtip View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is God not hearing you
    Posted: Jul 21 2007 at 7:22pm
Why are you crying out to me? Tell the people to get moving!
Exodus 14:15 NLT

When God waits
There are a lot of why questions that we lift up to God. Every day people are looking to heaven and crying out in frustration, "Lord, why aren't you doing something about this? Why is this happening to me?" We saturate the airwaves with the why questions of life.

I'm convinced that God has one answer for almost every one of those questions. He says, I'm just waiting on you.

When Moses and the Israelites stood on the edge of the Red Sea watching the Egyptian army close in on them, they cried out to God in fear. They began praying that God would somehow rescue them. And look what God said: "Tell the people to get moving!" (Exodus 14:15). To paraphrase, "I'm just waiting for you."

Too often we spend our days waiting for a miracle. When trouble comes, we cry out to God for help. When things don't move fast enough, we blame God for taking his time. And all the while God is saying to us, I haven't gone anywhere. I'm just waiting on you.

And what is it that God is waiting for? Often he is waiting for us to lay aside our own agenda and trust him.…Whenever God waits, he waits for a purpose.

And when we finally come to our senses and do the thing that we know he wants us to do, he moves with a vengeance. The Red Sea parts, and things start to happen
Sponsored Links

teenie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2007 at 7:29pm

ITA... Like I always say to people who don't want to rise up and get out of a situation (I know it's easier said than done), I always say God only helps those who help themselves. Start and even if you move only an inch in the right direction, he will definitely meet you.

Edited by teenie - Jul 21 2007 at 7:32pm
Acosya2 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2007 at 9:33pm
Catredtip, what you have posted right here has really had an impact on my life. I am really going through seriously difficult times in my personal life with my family and my own troubles.  I feel like I have been waiting on God for several months now. But I have not given up...I continue to pray. I think that you are right, I have to surrender myself to God completely. I have been making the conscious decision to stop certain behaviours: drinking, swearing, pre-marital sex. But I am struggling especially with the last one. Your post encourages me to re-fortify my efforts and do better.

Thanks so muchHug
Zuriel View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2007 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by teenie teenie wrote:

ITA... Like I always say to people who don't want to rise up and get out of a situation (I know it's easier said than done), I always say God only helps those who help themselves. Start and even if you move only an inch in the right direction, he will definitely meet you.

Wink
Zuriel View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2007 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by Acosya2 Acosya2 wrote:

Catredtip, what you have posted right here has really had an impact on my life. I am really going through seriously difficult times in my personal life with my family and my own troubles.  I feel like I have been waiting on God for several months now. But I have not given up...I continue to pray. I think that you are right, I have to surrender myself to God completely. I have been making the conscious decision to stop certain behaviours: drinking, swearing, pre-marital sex. But I am struggling especially with the last one. Your post encourages me to re-fortify my efforts and do better.

Thanks so muchHug
Clap Father, in the name of Jesus,
bless and strengthen!
Conceited View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2007 at 10:57am
Originally posted by Acosya2 Acosya2 wrote:

Thanks so muchHug

Acosya2, I had a lot of troubles last year just like you did. But I put my complete trust in HIM.

In 2006 I "cleaned house" big tyme. I stopped premarital sex, cut lots of ppl off, stopped clubbing, stopped going places where the Holy Spirit doesn't reide like Freaknik, Memorial Day Weekend in Miami, Strip clubs.

Doing this helps you get rooted in HIM. Once you get rooted in HIM, you won't wanna do the things that you are doing now. Now that I am rooted in HIM, I dont wanna listen to certain music, watch certain movies and TV shows, or read certain things.

Seek HIM with everything you have and HE will deliver. If HE did it for lil ole me last year, HE'LL do it for you.Big%20smileWink

anointedhandzz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2007 at 6:35pm
I needed this today. God Bless you
Aunatural77 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2007 at 8:56am
I like this and really needed it too. Thanks!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply