Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Is Gay Pride Parade too much for the kids?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 8:26am
I wouldn't want fags being half nekkid in my parade either. 
Sponsored Links

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 8:34am
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

Yes and no. The concept? No. Equality and acceptance/tolerance can be taught early.

The execution? Yes. While I realize it's not everyone, some parades/floats/patrons (I'm kinda looking at you, club twinks, bears and leather community-- not fair on my part) tend to use and feature adult themes.

I would fully understand parents thinking the latter is not a good look.

Barring then from the Irish parade is another thing and wrong to me. While it may be their privately funded right, there are gay Irish people. Why not let them pony up the money and participate? It comes across as though the people holding the parade are operating from the view of a stereotype and pulling the monolith card. Not cool, man.

I did bring that up but was tole that the Irish for the most part and super Catholics so they don't condone(?) the gays and don't want them participating.  *shrugs*  "If the gay Irish want to have a parade they can put their moneys together, get a permit and have their own".   This from an Irish person on my job.

Edited by newdiva1 - Feb 28 2014 at 8:37am
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 8:50am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

I did bring that up but was tole that the Irish for the most part and super Catholics so they don't condone(?) the gays and don't want them participating.  *shrugs*  "If the gay Irish want to have a parade they can put their moneys together, get a permit and have their own".   This from an Irish person on my job.
So is it an Irish parade, a Catholic parade or an Irish Catholic parade? Cause while it's common, one doesn't necessarily mean the other. Will there be Irish Protestants there?   
iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 9:03am
No, it's not from what I heard. I have never been to one. I was suppose to canvass there a long time ago, but I told them I was uncomfortable(idgaf about working in gay parade) so I got paid not being in the sun which was the real reason i was uncomfortable LOL
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 9:12am
It would be inappropriate for my child...but so would the West Indian day parade or the puerto rican one. Folks stay doing too much.

Now the Rose Parade...that's kid friendly.
miana79 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote miana79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 9:18am
Yes it is....from what I have seen on tv. Its too sexual.
thewonderfulwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote thewonderfulwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 9:36am
Yes it would inappropriate if its anything like that pride parade in NY I attended 2 years ago.
I have some pics of my child aunt biting a random person butt cheek I saw many, many things but it was so entertaining
thewonderfulwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote thewonderfulwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 9:40am

But just to add, gay pride is once a year...on Halloween I see heterosexuals looking like 2 dollar whores all weekend and guys dressed as penises.
[/QUOTE]

This so true since this winter seems to be hanging around Im scared for what I will see this summer in NY   
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 9:56am
No child of mine (hypothetical cuz I don't have or want kids), would step foot near the gay parade. A lot of the costumes are extremely inappropriate for children to see. It has nothing to do with the patrons' sexualities.

I wouldn't let my child any where near Black Biker's Week or Memorial Day weekend in Miami either. It's more about the acts and attire they might see, not the sexuality.

As for the freaks part, SOME are freaks but ain't nothing wrong with that. So are a lot of heterosexuals.

Let your freak flag fly...just not around the kiddies.
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 10:07am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

I think carnivals in general due to the nekkidness are bad for kids

This.

and i dislike how gays feel the need to be all super nasty about their lifestyle/sexuality...

you can have a gay parade without all that extraness.

Edited by Wildfire - Feb 28 2014 at 10:07am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>