Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is Gay Pride Parade too much for the kids?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is Gay Pride Parade too much for the kids?
    Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 2:31am
So we were just having a conversation about how gay folks are mad because the Irish Parade to be held in South Boston won't allow them to participate. Please note that this parade is privately funded by the folks participating.  So antyways....gay folks are mad about it.  This led to talks of the gay pride parade.   My boss was saying that he and his wife went to the Pride parade some years back and he was disgusted.  He said because dudes were walking around with tight, tight booty shorts, those S&M costumes where they wear leather pannies and hoods with whips and chains and the like and he was like....but children are here. 

Which led to the question that even tho children and teens participate and come to this parade...is it really appropriate?  I have to admit...from what i've seen of the parade...there were a few times I thought that children should not be here.  I mean...from what i've heard and seen...parents are  encouraged to bring their children to Pride.

and lastly ...do these types of images lend credence to the thought that gay folks are all kinds "freaks"?    Yeah...I know plenty of straight folks that are freaks too but we gone go head and talk about how some gay folks are putting their sexual freakiness in the streets when it comes to the Pride parade.

thoughts?
Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 2:38am
yes, it's inappropriate for kids because a lot of the floats have adult themes going on but no it doesn't prove that all gays are freaks because every float and participant is not in assless chaps...doing aids walks, being around thousands of gays at a time you can see that they're just normal ppl...but ugh why do the nude ones and assless chap ones always have to be the gross guys with handle bar mustaches or prepubescent looking twinks.

But just to add, gay pride is once a year...on Halloween I see heterosexuals looking like 2 dollar whores all weekend and guys dressed as penises.

Edited by ms_wonderland - Feb 28 2014 at 2:39am
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 2:43am
they go all out in them parades...why would they encourage children to be there? 

lol they used to have a small one in my old neighborhood...i was new there so i didnt know. i just came home...and was like..Shocked i dont think i was old enough to see that stuff. lol.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 2:46am
I think carnivals in general due to the nekkidness are bad for kids
Marcelo22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Marcelo22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 2:50am
I've seen FB pics of girls at gay parades that had me Sick Whats with so many young "straight" women going to gay parades and taking pictures with trannies and drag queens all over them.
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 3:30am
nah its not appropriate for kids at all and I don't mind at all

Too bad I gotta work when gay pride comes *sigh*
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 3:34am
LOLConfused people are really bringing kids?

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 8:10am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

nah its not appropriate for kids at all and I don't mind at all

Too bad I gotta work when gay pride comes *sigh*

Girl sh*d.  I take the Friday and Monday off every year so I can dance and be merry all weekend without having to worry about going to nobody's work.LOL
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 8:12am
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

LOLConfused people are really bringing kids?

yup.  U got gay and straight parents that bring the kids and you got kids walking/riding bike/riding tricycles/being pushed in stroller the route...for the gay marriage/adoption etc floats.

Edited by newdiva1 - Feb 28 2014 at 8:30am
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 8:22am
Yes and no. The concept? No. Equality and acceptance/tolerance can be taught early.

The execution? Yes. While I realize it's not everyone, some parades/floats/patrons (I'm kinda looking at you, club twinks, bears and leather community-- not fair on my part) tend to use and feature adult themes.

I would fully understand parents thinking the latter is not a good look.

Barring then from the Irish parade is another thing and wrong to me. While it may be their privately funded right, there are gay Irish people. Why not let them pony up the money and participate? It comes across as though the people holding the parade are operating from the view of a stereotype and pulling the monolith card. Not cool, man.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>