Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Lace Front Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIs EVERY day a PERFECT hair day?

Post Reply Post Reply
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
Ivy_Grad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is EVERY day a PERFECT hair day?
    Posted: Dec 23 2009 at 7:04pm
So I've been meaning to ask this question for a while now.  In the past year or so I have begun my own lil experiment.  Prior to this I would strive for every day to be a perfect lf day.  By perfect I am referring to styling only NOT application, because an off application day is no good LOL despite the fact that we all have them.  Out of curiosity do you all style your LFs so that it appears that you have stepped out of the salon every day?  I used to.  I would wake up in the morning do my flat ironing routine and bump the ends and apply a bit of serum and comb out with a wide tooth com.  I mean I looked like I had a fresh roller set or blow out EVERY day.  People often came up to me and gave me compliments but then I started getting a little too much attention ie stares from folks who would see me on regular basis.  That's when I decided to switch it up and have the casual pseudo messy hair day.   Days when all I did was do my diagonal part tuck behind one ear but didn't bother to flat iron or curl the ends.  I think it adds to realism.  When I wore my own hair out there was  a time where I wore weekly roller sets but they didnt have that fresh look for the entire week maybe 3-4 days max.  I'm also trying to incorporate a half up half down look where I have half of the hair in a messy ponytail bun which looks more natural then when I try to put all of it in a ponytail.  Today for instance my hair is what I would consider not done.  I literally ran a wide tooth comb through it and put on a beret but I made sure the beret was pulled up so you could see my "scalp" in my part.  I go to purchase something at the local CVS and the cashier is telling me how pretty my hair is.  I'm like Confused it's not even done!!! Anywho what do you all do?  Perfect hair day everyday?

*** As a disclaimer I think I can also get away with these lil planned messy hair days since I'm in grad school and no one expects my hair to be on point 24/7. LOL***
Sponsored Links

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2009 at 7:08pm
nope.  i wear 28inches so i do a bun, a braid or a pony during the week.  I might spice it up with pretty pins.....oh and i might do a chinese bun with pretty hair sticks.  i have to be in the mood to roll it up for curls. 

Edited by newdiva1 - Dec 23 2009 at 7:08pm
astokes View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2009 at 7:12pm
that's why curly are my favorite I do cute braided headbands,  pretty clips and the sexy messy buns. that's all from this undergrad
beanybabygirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2009 at 12:49pm
I do the same ... I don't style my her everyday, some days I wear a messy pony tail or bun, half up half down ... funny thing is that's when I get the most compliments on my hair to ... not so much on how good it looks but more so on how long and healthy it is LOL
Sugar Lump View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2009 at 1:12pm
I concur.  I get the MOST compliments when I pull my curly wig back or pile it on top of my head in a messy, tousled bun.  People tell me how pretty I look with my hair up, or just how cute I look.  It is amazing!!
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2009 at 10:42pm
yup ladies.  I sometimes think when you have your hair hype styled everyday is what can make it look like it's not yours.  What female u know with naturally long hair has their stuff done every day?

IMO of course.
SeattleShaVonne View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2009 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by astokes astokes wrote:

that's why curly are my favorite I do cute braided headbands,  pretty clips and the sexy messy buns. that's all from this undergrad

+1
love curlies for the same reason!
ablake48 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2009 at 7:13pm
I would have to agree, although I don't get compliments I do like my image better when it's sloppily pulled up in a bun.
meechie2cute View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2009 at 1:11am
when I look a mess...men love it! lol When I look on point women hate me....go figure!
bondgurl007 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2009 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by meechie2cute meechie2cute wrote:

when I look a mess...men love it! lol When I look on point women hate me....go figure!

ClapClapClapClapClap
Clap

Clap
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic