Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedIs Ecostyler gel good for hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
relaxd2natural View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is Ecostyler gel good for hair?
    Posted: Nov 26 2010 at 11:30pm
Hello everyone, I've been hearing and seeing a lot of good styling results with Eco styling gel but am curious..............is it good for your hair? For the ladies like myself out there concerned with hair growth could it hinder your growth? Also how do you use it?

feel free to share good/bad stories thanx Smile
Sponsored Links

TheSweetLife View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2010 at 11:35pm
I've had not one issue with my Ecostyler. I am a fan of the Olive Oil but will purchase the pink when they don't have it in stock. I'm natural and my hair really responds to it. I'm it weaved up now but I use it on my edges to lay them down. I use a blend of JBCO, Neem, Amla, Shikaikai, and Vatika oil applied to my edges then I add the gel and tie it down. I get great results.
GreenGiant View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2010 at 11:58pm
Works well, alcohol free, lays down the edges without making them hard.
relaxd2natural View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2010 at 12:04am
Originally posted by TheSweetLife TheSweetLife wrote:

I've had not one issue with my Ecostyler. I am a fan of the Olive Oil but will purchase the pink when they don't have it in stock. I'm natural and my hair really responds to it. I'm it weaved up now but I use it on my edges to lay them down. I use a blend of JBCO, Neem, Amla, Shikaikai, and Vatika oil applied to my edges then I add the gel and tie it down. I get great results.

wow that's alot of oils lol Is it necessary to use the oils before applying eco? and how do u use it when you natural hair is out? Do you comb it thru or scrunch your hair? am I asking too many questions? LOL
MissMesha View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2010 at 12:45am
I agree with the other ladies. It works really well on my hair and makes my curls pop. Before I use it, I make sure to use a good cream based moisturizer so the gel won't cause any dryness/hardness. I use the Olive Oil Eco Styler.
Lilnicka4u2nv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2010 at 12:51am
Originally posted by relaxd2natural relaxd2natural wrote:

wow that's alot of oils lol Is it necessary to use the oils before applying eco? and how do u use it when you natural hair is out? Do you comb it thru or scrunch your hair? am I asking too many questions? LOL

I think that just her own personal oil mixture because it works for her hair...I like to use crisco underneath it...

Eco style gel can be used in may ways, to define your curls, to slick hair up, for setting styles...

For wash and goes most people apply it to their freshly washed hair. I recommend using a creamy leave in or moisturizing and sealing under Eco Style gel , because it can get crunchy, or be drying for some...

Then you can shingle (comb the gel in) or smooth it in large or small sections, application methods all depend on your hairs texture density etc...
TheSweetLife View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2010 at 9:25am
Originally posted by Lilnicka4u2nv Lilnicka4u2nv wrote:

Originally posted by relaxd2natural relaxd2natural wrote:

I think that just her own personal oil mixture because it works for her hair...I like to use crisco underneath it...

Eco style gel can be used in may ways, to define your curls, to slick hair up, for setting styles...

For wash and goes most people apply it to their freshly washed hair. I recommend using a creamy leave in or moisturizing and sealing under Eco Style gel , because it can get crunchy, or be drying for some...

Then you can shingle (comb the gel in) or smooth it in large or small sections, application methods all depend on your hairs texture density etc...

Exactly, that is just an oil  mixture that I've made for my hair. I don't apply them individually. I want to make sure my edges are taken care of before applying the gel.

I also use the gel for Shingling my hair as well. I use a leave in and then comb the gel through. I use it for twist outs and general styling as well. I love it.
commonera View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2010 at 9:59am
I use it to twist and to smooth my edges. Not once has it been stiff or flakey. I apply when my hair is damp and coated completely in leave in. The gel seems to seal my hair nicely and add some shine. 
soarlikecruz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2010 at 10:04am
So it doesn't leave any white residue or make the hair hard?
missdaniella View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2010 at 10:37am
no no white residue and the hair is still very soft on the inside and out ! my i favor the olive oil i have used the pink one it gave me more of a shine to my hair 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic