BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

is discrimination THIS blatant??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 2:45pm
i've only met yorkie's and 2 black women named Bianca...i wish we could actually see the resumes side by side.  i do believe this type of thing happens all the time i just think the bigger story would then become the release of answers to the questionnaire when you are told it is confidential.  it makes me very uneasy.
Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

Oh they can't see what race you put?

I didn't know that.. I just sent in like 4 apps with white checked getting all excited cus I thought I was about to instantly get an interview now :-/

LOLLOL that's the big mystery....we will find out now. Clap
pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 4:25pm
My bestie works in HR and has always said to never fill out the diversity forms.
MinnyMiss16 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MinnyMiss16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 4:35pm
Its true for many companies. I took a course called Race Relations and the same experiment was done but with stereotypical names used not specific races, so it would be Shannon and Shanequa then David and Dequan and I believe the white names were chosen for offers four times more than the black names.
r0ck_starr View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r0ck_starr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 4:38pm
My boyfriend has checked off white on many apps and got the job. Then they see this tall, black, very lightskinned guy come through and get shell shocked. 

I typically check of biracial black and white to keep them confused or nothing at all.
RoxieDream View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoxieDream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 6:04pm
I've been thinking about trying this

I read an article where a girl said she submitted a resume, got no responses. So she changed the name, kept the resume and she got called back for it

BoutThatLife View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote BoutThatLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 6:47pm
Are people really shocked? I know I'm not. Harvard Univ came out with a study stating a white ex-con will get hired faster than a black man w/ a degree and no record. sh*ts real outchea

I remember pounding the pavement for my first job, I went to every restaurant in a 2 mile radius of my house. I walked in one place in particular that had a WE'RE HIRING sign outside. I walked in and they told me right away that they were no longer hiring. They would not even give me an application. Maybe they forgot to take the WE'RE HIRING sign downSleepy A month later they hired 2 of my white classmates on the spot.

that was my first eye opener of blatant job discrimination. I dont let this "post racial" harmony bullshyt fool me, it's the same shyt different day. They cant put up "WHITES ONLY" signs anymore but they sure can block you in other ways.  Even at the job I'm working part time now, they rarely give  blacks any hours, but they'll go out of their way to make sure Becky and Todd got a full schedule and even call them up and ask if they want extra days.  Whites look out for each other point blank and since they're the majority population and own most of the companies, the effects are tremendous.  Shyt aint gonna change so black people need to own their own sh*t and hire each other just like they do. Stop being the employees and be the employers, thats the only way to hit that discrimination head on
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 6:52pm
But isn't lying on an application automatic grounds for not hiring and/or firing someone though?

How does "showing up black having checked white" work IRL?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoxieDream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

But isn't lying on an application automatic grounds for not hiring and/or firing someone though?

How does "showing up black having checked white" work IRL?

Good question ....
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RoxieDream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 6:56pm
I see job postings on CraigsList that even ask for you to submit a photo .... I guess it's to save you a trip for an interview if your name or resume doesn't give away what your ethnicity is 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic