Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Is cursive writing an old relic of the past?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 4:45pm
I had a nice side hustle writing excuse notes LOL
Sponsored Links

Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by KittenWhip KittenWhip wrote:

How do you sign your name if you can't write in cursive?  You may ask, when would you need to sign your name?

1. Driver's license application
2. Passport application
3. Pay check, at least the first three (direct deposit takes at least 3 pay checks)
4. Opening a bank account
5. Marriage license
6. Loan application
7. Restraining order 
8. UPS and FedEx
9. To obtain the material things you had on your person when you are released from jail
10. Letters, remember them?  At my old job, I had to write at least 20 per day
11. Lottery winnings

There are probably a thousand other reasons to learn to write in cursive, those are just the ones I could think of.  

Signed, a woman who won numerous awards for penmanship and is still proud of her cursive handwriting.

LOL this above signing for a package though?

Honestly I think signatures have great potential to become obsolete as well. I mean I e-sign my taxes, and other important documents that are filled out electronically. Signatures are easy to forge. Who really compares the signature on the receipt to the card? (Well in the US. They will study that ish overseas.)

Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

Miss B View Drop Down
 & KittenWhip View Drop Down

I would love to see a screen shot of your cursive penmanship Embarrassed

Ok! I'll post one later.

Disclaimer: Writing with a calligraphy nib made me feel so damn fancy so now my writing tends to have extra flourishes that are not textbook cursive, LOL.
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 4:58pm
I live for a calligraphy nibbbbbb!!!!!
I just hate how regular paper gets caught in it like it is reminding me to write on good stock paperLOL
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Miss B Miss B wrote:

I had a nice side hustle writing excuse notes LOL

i can picture it - 10 yrs old & writing like someone's momma or teacher. demanding people's chips & candy bars in exchange for a noteLOLLOLLOL
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

I remember my oldEnglish teacher would grade my paper then deduct a full damn letter grade if I wrote poorly.

I turned in an essay and she put an A at the top then balled it up in the trash in front of the class

She told me about presentation being very important.

I love that old bitty

I got a C on an A paper once because I didn't dot my i's. I learned.LOL

eta: also my favorite English teacher.

Edited by PurplePhase - Jul 29 2014 at 5:04pm
bg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 5:24pm
They don't even teach it in school anymore...a lot of young professionals that i work with don't even know how to sign their names.

my Mom used to 'write' calligraphy...so beautiful...such a lost art...
KittenWhip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KittenWhip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2014 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

Miss B View Drop Down
 & KittenWhip View Drop Down

I would love to see a screen shot of your cursive penmanship Embarrassed

I don't know how to do a screen shot, but if you tell me, I'll try to do it. Big smile

KittenWhip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KittenWhip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2014 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by Miss B Miss B wrote:

Originally posted by KittenWhip KittenWhip wrote:

How do you sign your name if you can't write in cursive?  You may ask, when would you need to sign your name?

1. Driver's license application
2. Passport application
3. Pay check, at least the first three (direct deposit takes at least 3 pay checks)
4. Opening a bank account
5. Marriage license
6. Loan application
7. Restraining order 
8. UPS and FedEx
9. To obtain the material things you had on your person when you are released from jail
10. Letters, remember them?  At my old job, I had to write at least 20 per day
11. Lottery winnings

There are probably a thousand other reasons to learn to write in cursive, those are just the ones I could think of.  

Signed, a woman who won numerous awards for penmanship and is still proud of her cursive handwriting.

LOL this above signing for a package though?

Honestly I think signatures have great potential to become obsolete as well. I mean I e-sign my taxes, and other important documents that are filled out electronically. Signatures are easy to forge. Who really compares the signature on the receipt to the card? (Well in the US. They will study that ish overseas.)

I just wrote them as I thought of them.

There are many things that can be paid online, but there is no way in hell I would allow my landlord access to my bank account.  Deposit my handwritten check and if anything is funky, I'd be coming after that management company.
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2014 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

i write something like that.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon