Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
IndianHair.net
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
IndianHairCompany.com

Is cursive writing an old relic of the past?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Perfect Hair Collection

Author
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

I still write in cursive. IA with Purp. It's faster than printing. And I just think it looks pretty.

True.....for most who DO know how to write in cursive. Others it just looks like one long pubic hair.
Sponsored Links

petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

My signature looks crazy. I hate writing in cursive. My print is beautiful though. And I'm a lefty. Woop Woop!!

mine does too on purpose! I worked hard to perfect my crazy signature LOL

Yeah. No one could ever forge my signature. It took me some years to write it using my married name instead of my maiden name though. It was such a habit that it was hard to change the stroke of that pen.LOL
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

superior writers as far as handwriting..? 

i heard lefties handwriting is usually ugly 

That what I thought too. People are usually surprised by my handwriting because I'm a lefty.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by HeyBeautiful18 HeyBeautiful18 wrote:

The only thing I think you need it for is signing documents, checks etc

I dont know anyone that uses it because they want to  LOL

And that's the point. Even though it may be a thing of the past unfortunately at least know how to write your own damn name in cursive. Most kids these days don't even know how to do that.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 5:48pm
Wait a minute. So how are they writing their signatures??? 
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 5:54pm
I never really saw a point for cursive. The only time I use it is to sign documents. IDK if they still teach it in the schools in my area but I will probably make sure I atleast teach my daughter how to write her name in cursive.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 5:58pm

In print. I was a the dentist's office a few weeks ago and a 17 y.o. girl had now idea how to fill out a paper application. Everything was in 3rd grader's print....including her signature.

But after she was done, she was texting like nobody's business.....Sleepy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 5:58pm
Wow thats crazy. Technology is taking over everything. I'm pretty sure soon there wont be a such thing as textbooks and handwritten assignments.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 6:02pm

Yeah. No one could ever forge my signature. It took me some years to write it using my married name instead of my maiden name though. It was such a habit that it was hard to change the stroke of that pen.LOL

which is why I didn't
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Az~Maverick Az~Maverick wrote:

In print. I was a the dentist's office a few weeks ago and a 17 y.o. girl had now idea how to fill out a paper application. Everything was in 3rd grader's print....including her signature.

But after she was done, she was texting like nobody's business.....Sleepy

This is another thing that baffles me. Kids do not know how to fill out applications. My aunt said she had to tell my 18 y.o. cousin what to put for everything on a job application. She didn't even know what to put in the field for what country she's from. She kept looking for name of our state instead of putting United States.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Double Leaf Wig
EvaWigs
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Senghori Shells
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>