Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Is cursive writing an old relic of the past?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 15>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 11:04pm
I wrote a letter in cursive to a friend in the UK and he ain't know wtf it was at first glance .... He said it was nice looking but it took him while to read it due to the "connected letters".

I love cursive.
Sponsored Links

femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

Considering that public schools are not teaching many, many things including cursive writing, at this point, it is the parents' responsibility to make sure that their children are fully literate. When you work in certain fields with written statements that are scanned & reviewed, it will be an interesting situation when an employee can not read the cursive writing. Im sure that there will be college professors writing in cursive for a few more decades that will flunk a student if they can not read it.

Invitations will be in cursive and so many adults will not be able to read them...

I'll betcha that elite private schools are and will continue teaching cursive. Dont sit back and let your kids get handicapped. Teach them cursive yourself while they are young.

they're not lol

Edited by femmefatale85 - Jul 28 2014 at 11:06pm
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 11:06pm
Alias_Avi View Drop Down

wow! his penmanship was beautiful!!!Clap
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 11:12pm
Might as well stop teaching it.

A friend had to write a paragraph in cursive for the GRE terms of agreement not to cheat about 2 years ago. Super smart guy but he was so lost and had to chicken scratch he way through it lol.
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 11:12pm
I think it is best that the younger generation at least learn to read in cursive because many employers are of an older generation.

What if your boss wrote you a handwritten note.......what are you going to do.......go to your boss and say "I can't read"......

Edited by bindy - Jul 28 2014 at 11:15pm
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 11:19pm
I prefer typing, but I have really nice cursive & print.

niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

This reminds me of the video I watched recently of Michael Jackson visiting his old elementary school

He wrote his name on the chalk board and I just remember thinking that in the future, people won't be able to write that nicely. Made me feel kinda sad

34:10

I wish my cursive looked this neat. Mines looks so sloppy
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

Considering that public schools are not teaching many, many things including cursive writing, at this point, it is the parents' responsibility to make sure that their children are fully literate. When you work in certain fields with written statements that are scanned & reviewed, it will be an interesting situation when an employee can not read the cursive writing. Im sure that there will be college professors writing in cursive for a few more decades that will flunk a student if they can not read it.

Invitations will be in cursive and so many adults will not be able to read them...

I'll betcha that elite private schools are and will continue teaching cursive. Dont sit back and let your kids get handicapped. Teach them cursive yourself while they are young.

LMAO. What are professors writing in cursive?
Everything is power points. 
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by bindy bindy wrote:

I think it is best that the younger generation at least learn to read in cursive because many employers are of an older generation.

What if your boss wrote you a handwritten note.......what are you going to do.......go to your boss and say "I can't read"......

I once had a job where a lot of stuff was really confidential and the CEO didnt want us to email certain things.... At any given time, we would be away from our desk and would leave each other hand written notes like 'see if xyz did abc and if he didnt do wxyz'. My department manager's notes were always in cursive and she was not especially old. Imagine a person that is a new hire that is ofthe younger generation gets the time sensitive note and can not read it...Ouch
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 11:54pm
I'm going to try writing a paragraph in cursive. I prolly haven't done that since....middle school. I bet I can't even do it lol.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 15>