Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is child support reimbursement or for the child?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is child support reimbursement or for the child?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
HowardAlumAKA View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HowardAlumAKA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is child support reimbursement or for the child?
    Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 8:30pm
Heated argument between two friends over this topic.

Should it be spent on the children and solely on the children or is it reimbursement for you to do what you please with? (I.e. Hair, nails, etc).

Friend 1's point of view: your not going to buy you kids clothes and shoes only when you get your check. You are going to do stuff for them around the clock. Sporting activities, clothes, food, etc. If you were with your ex it would be done by the both of you. He would probably split the bills with your or he would take care of the bills for you, etc Etc. The child support is reimbursement for everything that you have been doing since you are already taking care of the kids as a single mother. You can spend the money how you please because if you were still living with your ex, you would be able to spend your money as you please due to his help....

Friend 2's point of view: it's for the child. He need new shoes. Use that money. He needs baseball cleats, use the child support money. The rest goes in a savings or bank or bank account for whatever the child needs. Nothing else. If you need to use it for a bill you are to replace that money next payday. When he turns 18, give him all the money accrued as a graduation present because it's HIS MONEY.

Eta: both do receive child support from their exes and one does "live it up" with her payments while the other does save it...

Who do you side with BHM??

Edited by HowardAlumAKA - Dec 12 2013 at 8:31pm
Sponsored Links

blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by HowardAlumAKA HowardAlumAKA wrote:

Heated argument between two friends over this topic.

Should be spent on the children and solely on the children
or is it reimbursement for you to do what you please with? (I.e. Hair, nails, etc).

Friend 1's point of view: your not going to buy you kids clothes and shoes only when you get your check. You are going to do stuff for them around the clock. Sporting activities, clothes, food, etc. If you were with your ex it would be done by the both of you. He would probably split the bills with your or he would take care of the bills for you, etc Etc. The child support is reimbursement for everything that you have been doing since you are already taking care of the kids as a single mother. You can spend the money how you please because if you were still living with your ex, you would be able to spend your money as you please due to his help....

Friend 2's point of view: it's for the child. He need new shoes. Use that money. He needs baseball cleats, use the child support money. The rest goes in a savings or bank or bank account for whatever the child needs. Nothing else. If you need to use it for a bill you are to replace that money next payday. When he turns 18, give him all the money accrued as a graduation present because it's HIS MONEY.

Who do you side with BHM??

Edited by blaquefoxx - Dec 12 2013 at 8:33pm
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 8:34pm
Technically its for the child.. It has nothing to do with the mother. 
patternsandtexture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patternsandtexture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 8:39pm
For the child only and other bills that support in lieu of child, anything besides that...well it ain't gonna be nice if it was my child.
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (17) Thanks(17)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 8:40pm
Meh......I'll do whatever the hell I want with that money if I'm raising the child alone.
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 8:40pm
Lol, how does that work with food rent household expenses.
Child support is for the person paying the bills.
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 8:40pm
Neither. It's not alimony, so looking at it as "I should only have to pay my dinner bill half of the time while my kid doesn't get new clothes this year" isnt right

But I'm ok with it being seen as a reimbursement in some ways. If I'm spending my money to pay these bills of the house this child lives in and the food he eats, when that child support check comes, I'm not going to feel bad for getting my hair and nails done. Yeah yeah of course there should be balance and all that, and the child will not go without. But its unrealistic to say all the extra after buying the kid clothes should go into savings.
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 8:42pm
its for you to do as you please, and once that check get cashed its the custodials (probably mother right ?) parents money

KottonKandy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote KottonKandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 8:43pm
If the mom is using the money for majority of her child's expenses, I don't see anything wrong with her using a little on herself. 
Chantal34 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chantal34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

Meh......I'll do whatever the hell I want with that money if I'm raising the child alone.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>