BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Is bss remy industry slipping?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 12:51pm
Stern Smile
Sponsored Links

Nigerian_princess View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigerian_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:07pm
^
Yogirlsr10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yogirlsr10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:29pm
I'm in college and a lot of the girls that do sew ins on campus are selling " virgin brazilian hair" and i'm like where did YOU get these bundles. They actually look good. lol I'm at a point where I don't want bss hair and I don't feeling going with a hit or miss cv vendor. I might end up getting hair from one of my classmates smh.
honeybee10 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeybee10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 6:10pm
where is dreamz with her vendor broom?
KurlieBeautie View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KurlieBeautie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 7:52pm
The whole hair industry is slipping, all thanks to YouTube. The supply can't keep up with the demand, so we're seeing inconsistencies from the lowest end of BSS to the highest end, as people are complaining about the quality of brands like Bohyme and Bobby Boss.  Once the "virgin" quality hair was advertised and people became aware of Ali and AliE, all these independent hair "companies" formed the ENTIRE hair game went into the toilet. The prices for the best quality actual virgin hair skyrocketed. I'm beginning to think the only way to get best quality hair is to ask people I encounter if I can cut it off their heads.

ETA:  I'm also living in a college town and I also noticed an upward trend in the HAIR quality of most of these girls walking around. I can see they're not wearing regular BSS, and they've learned to ombre it and everything. Too bad they haven't quite learned about closures. I see a lot of short, brittle, heat damaged, leave-outs on top of some decent looking hair.

Edited by KurlieBeautie - Nov 06 2012 at 7:55pm
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 8:07pm
Kurlie you are wrong for not showing those girls the way, truth and light. Natural on silky is a CRIME!!
510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 5:04am
Yeah kurlie it's about to be a wrap
mincefille View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mincefille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by KurlieBeautie KurlieBeautie wrote:

The whole hair industry is slipping, all thanks to YouTube. The supply can't keep up with the demand, so we're seeing inconsistencies from the lowest end of BSS to the highest end, as people are complaining about the quality of brands like Bohyme and Bobby Boss.  Once the "virgin" quality hair was advertised and people became aware of Ali and AliE, all these independent hair "companies" formed the ENTIRE hair game went into the toilet. The prices for the best quality actual virgin hair skyrocketed. I'm beginning to think the only way to get best quality hair is to ask people I encounter if I can cut it off their heads.

ETA:  I'm also living in a college town and I also noticed an upward trend in the HAIR quality of most of these girls walking around. I can see they're not wearing regular BSS, and they've learned to ombre it and everything. Too bad they haven't quite learned about closures. I see a lot of short, brittle, heat damaged, leave-outs on top of some decent looking hair.

Ok. first off, am on a trip right now in asia, and i will like to add a bit

1. All the big chinese factories [not the small ones, at all] are very worriedand think there is some sh*tty crisis going on in the US as their sales have really slipped into the dept of the ground...hehehe.

***My explanation to them was...."there is no crisis when it comes to hair business. Just that the end users [mostly we african americans] are no longer buying such hair qualities that their biggesst customers [mostly Korean BSS Hair distributors] are selling" and "we would rather promote black businesses now, where we can get these higher grade hair quality'.

2. The prices of virgin hair have sky rocketed, and i must say that in China, the virgin hair market is divided in different segments and categories.

1. The manufacturer [hair collectors and processors and distributors]
2. The trading companies [processors and traders]
3. The sub trading companies.

Most of the companies BHMers deal with are on segment 2 and 3. Qingdao houses most of the segment 2 companies, and you are ricking finding real hair trully, but most non remy [fallen] hair sold as remy. There is a decuticling method of removing the cuticles, and then this hair material is mostly sold to qingdao factories by the hair collectors in segment 1.
   **** Trust me, all indian hair in china is non remy [fallen hair] believe it or not. but thats what it is. And if you are lucky to buy virgin hair from qingdao or guangzhou, then you are buying hair from multiple donors.

In qingdao, there are also many segment 3 companies, but ALL guangzhou vendores are segment 3 and buy the lowest quality hair from qingdao. Most of the guangzhou vendors dont sell 100g pieces, the sell 85g, and always make sure the hair is bundled with the black rrubber tie, that adds about 5g to the bundle. All guangzhou vendors buy hair with thin ends. There is no 1 hair factory in guangzhou.

The companies in segment 1, are mostly hair collectors, that usually will hackle the hairs and bundle in huge double drawns [made up of multiple donors hair] and sold to qingdao factories. But of recent segment 1 companies have started processing hairs [making into wefts, and extensions].

Xuchang is another ball game where low quality, synthetic, mixed hair or low quality remy hair is supplied. These factories are the ones most hit by the above so called assumed crisis. Infact most of the biggest factories here are owned by Koreans or partly owned.

Just my 2 cents.

***Note: I now know the suppliers for 2 popular AVs, amongst others too

Mr Good Hair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Good Hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 10:18am
Originally posted by LovesLace LovesLace wrote:

For now it is. Eventually the higher prices will cause most to go back to BSS hair which will continue to improve the quality at lower prices in order to compete.

I have to disagree with you there...
The quality of BSS/Indian Remy hair is not going to get any better...

If anything you'll just see the "better strands" of Indian Remy be sold at a DELUXE (practically virgin hair price point) which is already being done by some companies. Indian Remy Hair sold in fancy boxes with super high prices.

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Mr Good Hair Mr Good Hair wrote:

Originally posted by LovesLace LovesLace wrote:

For now it is. Eventually the higher prices will cause most to go back to BSS hair which will continue to improve the quality at lower prices in order to compete.

I have to disagree with you there...
The quality of BSS/Indian Remy hair is not going to get any better...

If anything you'll just see the "better strands" of Indian Remy be sold at a DELUXE (practically virgin hair price point) which is already being done by some companies. Indian Remy Hair sold in fancy boxes with super high prices.

I would appreciate any information you can share with me via PM . I pay a small fortune for my EP , Wags, and Bliss Tribune Indian Virgin . TIA . Unhappy

Edited by india100 - Nov 08 2012 at 11:42am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>