Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is bss remy industry slipping?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
princesshoneybee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princesshoneybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is bss remy industry slipping?
    Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 8:32pm
I remember 3 years ago when virgin hair was a fairly new concept. I also remember older members such as ricardo lol. Velvet remy and bobbi boss were once considered the hottest hair on BHM. Anyways, for a while now I noticed that at my local bss, the remy hair is always on sale now! I think women are really realizing more and more about good hair from youtube and are ditching the BSS remy altogether. Even KiKi from the hood who been rockin that "behind the counter hair" is now talking about getting some brazilian. Are you noticing this trend in your local bss? How common is virgin hair in your neighborhood?
Sponsored Links

f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 9:55pm
haven't shopped for hair in my community since 2009.. how did u know ricardo? who were u in ur past bhm lifeGeek
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 11:11pm
I see a few chics rocking higher quality hair, usually college students. The population of my city is like 3-5% Black, and 80% of them live on the opposite side of town. I see more naturals in my area, actually. The natives are deadset on Milky Way and those plastic BSS lace wigs with the moon hairline. Anyone rocking anything other than that is likely not from here.

Edited by Cream1970 - Nov 03 2012 at 11:18pm
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 11:15pm
Ashley Hair company is opening a store here. I talked to them about a month ago and was invited to see what they would be selling in the store. Haven't had a chance to visit, but they seemed very nice. I've seen mixed reviews on the hair, but I'm sure they will expose "virgin" hair to a lot more people who would never order online. Those "I have to touch it" buyers.
Pretty_Thick_Me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pretty_Thick_Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 7:15pm
Well I'm on a college campus and the whole virgin hair thing jus took off over night literally. Like last semester(beginning of the year) it was bobbi boss now its Brazilian lol.
LovesLace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LovesLace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 7:19pm
For now it is. Eventually the higher prices will cause most to go back to BSS hair which will continue to improve the quality at lower prices in order to compete.
Nigerian_princess View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigerian_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by Pretty_Thick_Me Pretty_Thick_Me wrote:

Well I'm on a college campus and the whole virgin hair thing jus took off over night literally. Like last semester(beginning of the year) it was bobbi boss now its Brazilian lol.

THIS! I remember my sophomore year when I was laughed at by other black girls because I had spent "so much money" on my kinky straight (which is still perfect 2 years laterClap) while they were getting there BOGO Milky Way that would mat up in 3 weeks. Now these same girls are trying to educate ME on their virgin Indian and asking if I want a hook-up Stern Smile

Edited by Nigerian_princess - Nov 04 2012 at 7:55pm
Pretty_Thick_Me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pretty_Thick_Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 10:08pm
Haha that's funny. Because I can attribute to the fact that I hve very recently made my first "virgin" purchase. But wen I tell you this past summer was nothing but research before I made my purchase. But now I think its funny wen girls buy all these name hair & really think it is true Brazilian, Malaysian, etc. To me I be like where them countries at. Point em out on a map lol.
MISS CR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote MISS CR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 12:39pm
Sadly, the BSS sales are alive and well in my area. I spoke to someone recently who proudly stated that  she can get 3 months wear out of Chocoloate hair.  I really wanted to tell her that just because you can doesn't mean that you should. That hair should have been shot and killed 2 moths ago.
MiahMari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiahMari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 12:43pm
Times6Black
Hello everyone I am very new to this and I do appreciate your feed back if giving.
Ok so I've read a lot of forums of being scammed ,hair not being pleasing , bullsh*t companies and everything in between
First off let me say been there done that Ive order the expensive hair only to have it be a raccoon's nest oh and yes I been to the omg I just found a
Vendor from china the pictures looking so promising so I hurried up and buy lol but freal I seen it all I even f$&king trust them damn liiers on YouTube that lie and say the hairs good but the really had a deal with the company . So I been on the search to find vendors like everyone else
I been so crazy that if a company took a pic in the country I be looking in the pic to find clues of where the really were.
But anyways to make this long story short I have found a couple of vendors ( and the reason that I not telling at this time is because I'm trying t o start a business ) but freak I don't care about that sh*t Bout not sharing vendors cuz damn if you can look good why can't I can you really hook a sister up
I swear the vendors I don't use I will pass on or inbox ppl so I don't put ppls vendors on blast
So you know 90% of this hair business is ran buy other races other the black and when it it is black some how the liikkle bit of money gets to their head and they get greedy ( not jumping to conclusion I seen with my own eyes )
Well I feel like I can give ppl wat the want because I am the customer I know this business on a personal level.
So I need help just please answer some of my question and add if you need

1)What factors make hair a high quality?
2)What do you want in virgin hair ?
3)] Prices are not a factor for some but I'm trying sell grade a virgin Indian for a affordable price
If the hair was the best you ever had would you pay
16in 100.00 us
18in 120.00 us
20in. 130.00u
22in 140.00us
24in. 150.00us
And that's wavy and straight and for curly 5.00more on each length?
4) what would make you return to the same company ?
5) what kind of deals would you like to be offered ?

Ok ladies if you took the time to read this thanks for your help
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair