Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is being Black in America the best possible place.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Is being Black in America the best possible place.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 12:52am
What history do the Dutch not have that the Americans have?

Slavery?

You gotta be fuccking kidding me
Sponsored Links

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 12:56am
Don't make blacks the center of the universe .. Like the world doesn't already revolve around crackkas
Xamaycana View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xamaycana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 1:18am
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

what other european country did you live in xam? 

I lived in the UK for  six months and have been living in Switzerland for almost six years.

Edited by Xamaycana - Nov 27 2013 at 1:22am
Xamaycana View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xamaycana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 1:20am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

What history do the Dutch not have that the Americans have?

Slavery?

You gotta be fuccking kidding me

That's the thing, people seem to think if you didn't live in the same land mass as your slaves that you didn't "really" practice slavery.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 1:21am
Originally posted by Xamaycana Xamaycana wrote:

I lived six months and have been living in Switzerland for almost six years.

i got switzerland.. what is the other country..? 
Xamaycana View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xamaycana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 1:22am

Originally posted by Xamaycana Xamaycana wrote:

I lived six months and have been living in Switzerland for almost six years.

i got switzerland.. what is the other country..? 

Sorry, thought I wrote UK.  I lived there for six months and still  spend a good amount of time there because my husband is British.
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 8:54am
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

being black in america builds character imo. if you're able to overcome all the obstacles while still holding on to your identity, there aint a country in europe or a city in tropical city in persia that can duplicate the experience imo

I'm  afraid youre serious. really serious. this is the type of narrow-mindedness that people detest and then they're labelled as hating your "freedoms".
You surely cannot be suggesting that blacks cannot acquire this level "character building" that you speak of, in any other country on the planet except the US?

seriously!LOL

You should try living in the UK my friend.

In fact, you should try living even in Trinidad and Tobago or Guyana where racism is rife.

Edited by Wildfire - Nov 27 2013 at 9:17am
Merin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Merin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 9:02am
Please don't get me started on the Dutch and Black Pete. PLEASE DO NOT
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 10:28am
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

being black in america builds character imo. if you're able to overcome all the obstacles while still holding on to your identity, there aint a country in europe or a city in tropical city in persia that can duplicate the experience imo

I'm  afraid youre serious. really serious. this is the type of narrow-mindedness that people detest and then they're labelled as hating your "freedoms".
You surely cannot be suggesting that blacks cannot acquire this level "character building" that you speak of, in any other country on the planet except the US?

seriously!LOL

You should try living in the UK my friend.

In fact, you should try living even in Trinidad and Tobago or Guyana where racism is rife.

i can see why you took offense to my post. i was in my head when i wrote it and it didn't quite come out right. 

the point i was trying to make was that when a black person from america moves abroad in search of anything other than career advancement (like the case of the member tokyo), it is my opinion that they are in search of some type of social freedom and self realization that might be found abroad but can not be duplicated in the broader sense of cultural identity living in america. they are running from the burden imo.

i don't know if that makes sense still lol.

but i wanted to clarify that i don't believe that black people born and raised in any other part of the dispora lack character. not at all. 

Edited by noneyons - Nov 27 2013 at 10:34am
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 10:31am
x

Edited by noneyons - Nov 27 2013 at 10:31am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair