Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is being Black in America the best possible place.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is being Black in America the best possible place.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Printer I can understand some of your points but ?can you see that race wouldn't be a big deal there bc of the homogeneity?

You say the percentage of blacks there is 2.5 percent.

Let's draw some conclusions from that...

Well, I have tried to explain to you .. but there is more to a country that is older than America than I can document on this thread.

The Dutch do not have the SAME history as America .. so why should they have the same percentage of Blacks? Every country is different with their own legacy and problems and guess what? It's not always involving Black people.

I really think you try to make Black people the center of a universe around which ... everything else resolves.Confused

I am out of this thread too.

What a waste.

Yes the whole world should revolve around me and my interests , no seriously .
And I admit that's an American attitude...Smile
Sponsored Links

_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 7:31pm
Lol. I wouldn't want live in a country where there isn't another Black person in a stones throw.

And even if being a Black American is a struggle with racism, I wanna struggle with my people and help them and serve them. Plus, my ancestors built this country. It belongs to me.

Edited by _ConcreteRose_ - Nov 26 2013 at 7:35pm
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 7:51pm

Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Financially? Yes. Best place ever. You can be rich, you can make bank, and anything you do will be relevant and posted in several websites throughout the world.

Tell me how many blacks outside of US have as much money as Jay z or 50Cent?
How many black women out of the US are as richer as Oprah? 

Okay, with respect – because I like you.

Ooooooohhh I got brownie points with Printer!!!!!

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 7:54pm
About what Printer said, it makes sense: it is not so much about the money, but quality life. Here in the US you can have that, but you need to work really hard, due to some people's misconception of blacks being lazy. I actually think it is possible to have that in most countries in the world, as a black person, if you work hard.

So I don't think there is a best place. Maybe whenever I live in Europe I will have a better answer to this thread. You have to experience it yourself; I have met people who have experienced racism in Paris, while others didn't; so the answer depends of who is speaking.
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 9:24pm
Didn't the Dutch...start..or...participate in the slave...

Blacks contributed to...

I'm so not motivated! I would like to live in London for awhile. I get really homesick though so I know I'd want to move back to the us, to cold, raggedy, violent Chicago.

When I read printers post, I read it like the cat in "fievel goes west" when he was telling all the mice about the wonderful place where the cats and mice got along, then when his family moved out there, they were forced into slavery. Anyway, her posts really make me want to visit Europe. Like, I do need to take her advice and travel. Then I can log on bhm and tell y'all what I think.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

Lol. I wouldn't want live in a country where there isn't another Black person in a stones throw.

And even if being a Black American is a struggle with racism, I wanna struggle with my people and help them and serve them. Plus, my ancestors built this country. It belongs to me.

Amen

I wouldn't want to be black or even human anywhere else. I love all the comforts of my life here. I want to visit as many places as I can but I know what appeals to me.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 9:36pm
International feelin's caught?LOL
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 10:32pm
Yes, the Dutch were in South Africa and the British, and their descendants brutalized the blacks until apartheid.
Xamaycana View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xamaycana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 12:41am

Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Printer I can understand some of your points but ?can you see that race wouldn't be a big deal there bc of the homogeneity?

You say the percentage of blacks there is 2.5 percent.

Let's draw some conclusions from that...

Well, I have tried to explain to you .. but there is more to a country that is older than America than I can document on this thread.

The Dutch do not have the SAME history as America .. so why should they have the same percentage of Blacks? Every country is different with their own legacy and problems and guess what? It's not always involving Black people.

I really think you try to make Black people the center of a universe around which ... everything else resolves.Confused

I am out of this thread too.

What a waste.

Printer,

I find your post interesting.  I have a white Dutch friend who has told me about the ghettos where many Surinamese live.  Surinam is a former Dutch slave colony- so the history is not that much different than America-albeit more akin to the UK.

Europe is not the holy grail for black folks.  I live in one of the most prosperous and stable European countries and the longer I live here, the more I am convinced that there is no future here for my daughter.  I find it a problem when I see a college educated black person working at the local pasticierre.    I recently saw a Nigerian woman get hauled off by the cops because a white woman shoved her and she shoved her back.  The argument was that the white had a baby-the fact that the Nigerian woman was heavily pregnant was lost on everyone.  

Europe is not a racial utopia!  Yes, there isn't the segregation to the degree as it is in the US but it exists.  I just recently read about landlords requesting agents not rent their flats to blacks in the US.

The thing with Switzerland, is that initially all the blacks here were ex-pats so a pretty well-to do population.  With the Schenang  agreement, the borders have been opened and there are many African drug dealers.  This has lead to a change in the attitude towards black people.  I think the issue is not so much racial diversity bit racial coupled with economic diversity and criminal activity.   I have seen a drastic change attitude in the six years I have lived here.

For the record, I've lived in two European countries and still feel overall America is the better place for a black person-looking at things such as rights and opportunities.  I had a good and diverse social group in the US, so the segregation was not an issue for me there.  The biggest selling point for Europe was the lack of poverty, but the EU expansion coupled with  the flood of refugees from the south is starting to change that.  I see racial intolerance rising in the future.

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 12:51am
what other european country did you live in xam? 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
  Share Topic