Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is being Black in America the best possible place.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is being Black in America the best possible place.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 10:43am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

actually we live in a world where current affairs are at our fingertips you dont have to have lived in certain places to form an opinion on them

bloggers give you up to the minute updates and unless you have only just obtained broadband you can use that to form an opinion albeit second hand but enough to start a conversation on

your opinion based on blogs etc may not be reality though.

I'm pretty sure most of the world's opinions about JA for example are highly inaccurate.

And we know how quickly and easily opinions become 'facts' in people's minds.
Sponsored Links

Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 11:18am
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

.. to be black ... In your opinion ... ?

I'll leave it vague 

*Black=Umbrella term that represents those with direct African Lineage

*America = United States Of America 

No, being Black in Europe is the best.

I have worked and lived on both sides of the big pond  for many years as an AA so I know what I am talking about.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 11:20am
elaborate printer ink… 
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 11:55am

It's a lot.

I could write a book (I am trying) but in general:

I have worked in corporate America (IBM, Compact  ... you get the idea) and now in the same work environment in The Netherlands (Holland). Only I do a lot of business travel to Austria, Germany, France, Belgium and The UK.  I have been to other countries too ... just not so much.

Okay, people are not blind - they can see I am Black .. only somehow it is not held against me. It's pretty much a positive point in fact.

White people are not trying to over busy themselves with actions to demonstrate that they are NOT racist and Black folks are not as 'damaged' as  AA. No to be cruel but AA have the color/hair issue and now with the ‘baby daddy’ issue … well.

There is racism here just like it is in every Western country,. Only it is nowhere neaaaaar like what’s in The States. Nowhere near it and if anyone tells you any different .. they’ve got issues. You can see the boggy man everywhere you go .. it you go there looking for it.

Geesh if you look at the povery. drug use, babies in foster care, gangs, prison life etc in the Black community today .. MLK would roll over in his grave. But 90% of that crap does not exist over here. When I try to tell people here about the problems in the US .. they pretty much think I am making it up.

Of course, the history of Black people in each country is completely different - except for the obvious which is that we all descendants of slaves. No way to get around that .. but how ít's played itself out .. that is so different.

But what happened different and the outcome is different today. My point is .. there is a lot .. going on outside of America. More than I could tell you in a post ..,bottom line … you have to be OPEN and not so much blocked or everything you see will get morphed into a racial issue.

Travel and evolve.

Edited by Printer_Ink - Nov 26 2013 at 12:05pm
Merin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 3:29pm
I would live here or Brasil.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 3:45pm
Financially? Yes. Best place ever. You can be rich, you can make bank, and anything you do will be relevant and posted in several websites throughout the world.

Tell me how many blacks outside of US have as much money as Jay z or 50Cent?
How many black women out of the US are as richer as Oprah? 
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Merin Merin wrote:

I would live here or Brasil.

Brasil is not good for black people; there is no black person in Brazil as rich as any black here; blacks are harassed by cops, and most of them live in the slums in the big cities. Watch a soap opera from there and you'll see that the black women are usually housekeepers or maids, they are never given a bigger role, except the girl who played a slave who married a white man (and turned out to be a total bitch). The name of that soap opera is Xica Da Silva, and that slave really existed; theactress was naked on tv at 18.

But on another hand, Zimmerman would have been found guilty over there, not because over 50% of the population is black, but because over there people would find it wrong to kill an unarmed kid.
Eden. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Eden. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 4:38pm
1. Jamaica

Being around people that look like me is something I really value, especially that are getting it. There are yardies suffering, but they're also driving up to their homes in red hills and beverly hills, diving in their private beaches, owning many (most) businesses. I can see myself doing anything because people that look like me are doing everything. Economy and the social ills that come of it (police culture, violent homophobia etc) aside I'd still be there.

2. Toronto

Just because the economy is better and access to prosperity seems more realistic here. In ja, when I was younger I use to fret over not making it anywhere in life because my moms couldn't afford my hs tuition/board. Here the only I worry about is how I'm going to start paying back OSAP in a 6 month window after school is over. And it's hard to internalize racism here as it's not as overt. There are anti-black/Jamaican sentiments shared here but mostly as a visible minority you just fall into the huger anti-immigrant flow here.

Even though I answered I agree with tatee. I think there are places I might prefer if I lived there for a min and got over the initial culture shock. I have my sights set on Atlanta, Kumasi and panama city after school but I'll see.
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

.. to be black ... In your opinion ... ?

I'll leave it vague 

*Black=Umbrella term that represents those with direct African Lineage

*America = United States Of America 

absolutely absolutely absolutely not
i actually think it's the worst place to be black...the sh*t y'all deal with on an everyday basis is just beyond me
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 4:40pm
The worst place though?

That's that crazy Canada talking.
No sense of context
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com