Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is being Black in America the best possible place.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Is being Black in America the best possible place.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 10:07pm
Damn maybe we should have went to Monrovia....

I completely understand why they didn't though
Sponsored Links

OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

I disagree with this.  Japanese people don't necessarily work "hard."  They like to do things the most difficult fukking way, possible, causing them to work more than they have to.  Also, if their boss is sitting there looking at p0rn, you need to stay there, too, until he leaves.   The other reason why Japanese work long hours is due to the endless meetings they have, so the actual "work hours" where they are actually producing something is on the low side.

I am a teacher, so I get all kinds of holidays off.  My regular working schedule is Monday to Friday from 8:20AM-5PM, but by choice, I come in at 7:45AM and leave at 6PM most days and I come in almost every Saturday.  

For me, Japan has been far better to me than America has.  I don't run into stupid comments half as much as I would in the US.  I am paid much more here than I would be in the US and I have not really faced a whole lot of discrimination because of the color of my skin.  When I do, it's usually white foreigners who dish it out, not the Japanese.

I don't know exactly how we are defining "hard" but everything you described in paragraph one of your post seems unnecessarily difficult and difficult is a synonym for "hard".. Im assuming that their might be companies and organizations in Japan that are more efficient and streamline but from what I've heard and experienced ...that meticulous laborious approach to most things seems like its more cultural than anything.

I personally enjoy the results of the excessive arduous scrutiny that comes from many of their efforts... but Im more of a Work "smart" type.

Edited by OoDles O - Nov 26 2013 at 2:23am
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 10:52pm
I really can't call it.  Any place i've visited...was just that...a visit.  Hmmm....just refer to one of the travel threads we've had.  I'll say for a certainty that whatever I said in there is a place I don't want to live while being black.  What's the best place?  *shrugs* 
Xamaycana View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xamaycana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 1:23am
Looking at the big picture, I'd say America is the best place for black people.  I'm a Caribbean immigrant to America, who studied in London and now living in continental Europe.

America has it's problems with racism and violence but I think the chance for upward economic mobility outweighs that.   The most economically stable countries are white or Asian majority, so the trade-off for that economic stability is minority status.  The ideal would be a country that is economically strong , politically stable and safe that is a black majority  That doesn't exist as yet.  So until then, America is the devil you know.  
Lomm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lomm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 2:54am
My opinion, being African having lived in Asia and The US I'd say the best place for me to be and live is were I am right now, in my own country were I can earn a proper living, working a job that I enjoy, living free of any sort of issues about my race, color, sex. You're best living were you're happiest US, South Africa, Jamaica, were ever. 
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 4:11am
When looking at social security and tolerance .... Blacks in the UK have it better than the us.
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 5:17am
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

I disagree with this.  Japanese people don't necessarily work "hard."  They like to do things the most difficult fukking way, possible, causing them to work more than they have to.  Also, if their boss is sitting there looking at p0rn, you need to stay there, too, until he leaves.   The other reason why Japanese work long hours is due to the endless meetings they have, so the actual "work hours" where they are actually producing something is on the low side.

I am a teacher, so I get all kinds of holidays off.  My regular working schedule is Monday to Friday from 8:20AM-5PM, but by choice, I come in at 7:45AM and leave at 6PM most days and I come in almost every Saturday.  

For me, Japan has been far better to me than America has.  I don't run into stupid comments half as much as I would in the US.  I am paid much more here than I would be in the US and I have not really faced a whole lot of discrimination because of the color of my skin.  When I do, it's usually white foreigners who dish it out, not the Japanese.

I don't know exactly how we are defining "hard" but everything you described in paragraph one of your post seems unnecessarily difficult and difficult is a synonym for "hard".. Im assuming that their might be companies and organizations in Japan that are more efficient and streamline but from what I've heard and experienced ...that meticulous laborious approach to most things seems like its more cultural than anything.

I personally enjoy the results of the excessive arduous scrutiny that comes from many of their efforts... but Im more of a Work "smart" type.

Well, the work that I have seen done isn't difficult.  The tasks themselves don't require that much brain power in order to get through, so I don't see them as "difficult."  I do find some things extremely tedious, though.  Getting approval for a budget from 3 different people is tedious, but I don't find it "hard."
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 10:43am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

actually we live in a world where current affairs are at our fingertips you dont have to have lived in certain places to form an opinion on them

bloggers give you up to the minute updates and unless you have only just obtained broadband you can use that to form an opinion albeit second hand but enough to start a conversation on

your opinion based on blogs etc may not be reality though.

I'm pretty sure most of the world's opinions about JA for example are highly inaccurate.

And we know how quickly and easily opinions become 'facts' in people's minds.
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 11:18am
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

.. to be black ... In your opinion ... ?

I'll leave it vague 

*Black=Umbrella term that represents those with direct African Lineage

*America = United States Of America 

No, being Black in Europe is the best.

I have worked and lived on both sides of the big pond  for many years as an AA so I know what I am talking about.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 11:20am
elaborate printer ink… 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>