Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is being Black in America the best possible place.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Is being Black in America the best possible place.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 3:39pm

I don't know

I like the DMV area (can't see myself anywhere else in the US)

does that mean it is the best for blacks? I have no idea

I have been other places of course (not too many outside of the US, I hate flying)

but I have my reasons for liking where I am and those same reasons may be why someone would hate to be where I am

Edited by SamoneLenior - Nov 25 2013 at 3:39pm
Sponsored Links

nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 3:45pm
despite afro's very valid counterpoint, i'm inclined to agree with tatee. i could offer you the opinion which you seek oodles, but it would be rather limited on my end regarding some kind of rationale. 

to answer the question: i honestly don't know that there is a best possible place to be black. if one's not dealing with flaws here, it's somewhere else that seems just as racist as america, just more covertly so.  it's as though we're reviled on different levels globally.

so if the us is the best, it's purely because america is better due to being the devil i know. 
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

same as above. I can't compare b/c i've only ever lived in the US. And I don't really think that anyone can objectively answer that.

do you mean in terms of race relations? quality of life?

are you as a black person (a BLACK WOMAN) in a position to reach your highest potential or should you be looking elsewhere? ... 

this is as much of a personal question as it is a general question.
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 3:49pm
how is it in the uk? if i knew, maybe i could say lol
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

despite afro's very valid counterpoint, i'm inclined to agree with tatee. i could offer you the opinion which you seek oodles, but it would be rather limited on my end regarding some kind of rationale. 

to answer the question: i honestly don't know that there is a best possible place to be black. if one's not dealing with flaws here, it's somewhere else that seems just as racist as america, just more covertly so.  it's as though we're reviled on different levels globally.

so if the us is the best, it's purely because america is better due to being the devil i know. 

the lesser of the evils? ... or just more familiarity with dealing with Americas B.S?
BrownQtee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownQtee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 3:54pm
From a perspective of prosperity, yes. In regards to unity and sanity..no.
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

the lesser of the evils? ... or just more familiarity with dealing with Americas B.S?
exactly. the former because of the latter. LOL

Edited by nekamarie83 - Nov 25 2013 at 4:13pm
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 4:01pm
no, i don't think that I can reach my highest potential

yes, i should be looking elsewhere

but idk if there is a better place.

like another person said, seems like we hated on mostly. so idk.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 5:20pm
I will say yes and I will come back in a sec with stats.

Not my beloved south though.
I can say that quick fast in a hurry.
I love my magic negro land .. I'm not blind.

Take these whites away and then we'd be talking.

I'm gonna see what the numbers tell me.
I'll be back
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 5:24pm
Imma take that back and answer after I look.
I don't want it to be misconstrued that them white folk did us a favor by bringing us here and that's what some of them think
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
  Share Topic