Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Is anything off limits when it comes to jokes?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 5:11pm
There's some weird psychology behind people laughing at any and everything probably.

I think people will laugh at inappropriate jokes because they are uncomfortable and they hope that they themselves will not become the brunt of the joke. They'll laugh at others joking about them because they don't want to appear uptight. Like, if they laugh along, the torture will be over soon enough. something crazy like that, i'm sure. 

Sponsored Links

Prazol60 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 5:12pm

I think rape is the only one I can't laugh at. I like Chris Rock so I laugh at racial jokes, I thought the Dave Chappelle Roots sketch was funny and that was slavery. I really thought George Carlin was funny too and he made jokes about mental disabilities.

Carlin: One out of every three Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of two of your best friends. If they are OK, then it must be you.
sistagal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sistagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 5:23pm
Rape, paedophilia, cancer is all I can think of atm. I find it extremely hard to laugh at those
HowardAlumAKA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote HowardAlumAKA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 5:49pm
Some things just shouldn't be made fun of....
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 5:54pm
Depends on the audience the joke is being told to as well as the deliverer of said joke.

A lot of sh*t I don't find funny anymore but guaranteed someone else will.
el_bandido View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote el_bandido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 6:01pm
I intend to offend when im telling jokes 
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 6:30pm
I found these tweets interesting:

Comedy goes up. If your "jokes" rely on making fun of a marginalized person then you're doing it wrong.

Response to her tweet: 

@chescaleigh You can make marginalised people the subject of a joke, but NOT the target. Comedy (like all art) is meant to reveal a truth.

Her response: 

Franchesca Ramsey @chescaleigh
@tokenbg agreed. but jokes about marginalized ppl takes comedic skill. I see ppl claiming it's social commentary but failing hard
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 6:41pm
Anyways yes I think there is such as thing as going too far. There are people that can get away with saying certain jokes because they understand the cause of the differences and being a comedian takes intelligence. Butttt there are people that are just unhappy with everything in general and use jokes as a way to get away with saying inappropriate thoughts.

Like a White girl that would make Jewish jokes with me and my Black friends and I never found them funny and told my friends that this girl is probably making Black jokes when we are not around. Or when I was at a party and one guy was making jokes about Hurricane Katrina with people from New Orleans. Confused He was a socially awkward person and thought nothing was off limits....Nothing. I stopped talking to him because he had weird tendencies and seemed like he struggled with aligning with the social norms of society. And I don't get making jokes about illnesses, disabilities and the like. I find a lot of things funny though. You can be funny without offending.

Edited by keepgrowing - Jan 05 2013 at 6:43pm
beebeexx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beebeexx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 6:55pm
the only tasteful rape joke I've ever heard was done by Wanda Sykes... it worked because it didn't make victims/women the brunt of the joke.

but most people shouldn't even try. just don't do it. joke about something else.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

In Django there was a scene about the KKK I laughed hard.

i GUFFAWED. HARD.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>