Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Is anything off limits when it comes to jokes?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 4:32pm
So it's basically what jones is saying then...nothing is off limits as long as its funny to you the individual. it's all fair game that can't really be judged without making yourself look like a hypocrite. So the response should just be not to laugh but also not speaking out against it?
Sponsored Links

jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 4:33pm
Naw if you find it unfunny and it crosses the line then sure it's fine to speak on it.
But if the other person finds it funny then that's fine too.

It's all about personal taste
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 4:36pm
Well yeah a person can speak out against whatever they choose but can their opinion really hold much weight if they laugh about the same subject matter coming from other sources?
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 4:40pm
i don't laugh about certain things.
i don't befriend people who actively make jokes about things.

i just wouldn't want those type of people around me. 

but everyone has different taste in things. 
you will sound hypocritical limiting some people from joking about some things, while you laugh when they come out of someone else's mouth. but i don't think most people have a problem with admitting to being hypocritical in that way. 
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 4:51pm
When I was in a training for work, the instructor made a joke that was so inappropriate. I bust out laughing and everyone else looked uncomfortable.

For me, even though the actual subject/event was sad.. the joke was funny.. and for me, it's possible to laugh at a joke and still think the actual event was awful.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 4:54pm
Lol well what was the joke?
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

When I was in a training for work, the instructor made a joke that was so inappropriate. I bust out laughing and everyone else looked uncomfortable.

For me, even though the actual subject/event was sad.. the joke was funny.. and for me, it's possible to laugh at a joke and still think the actual event was awful.

Completely agree
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 5:03pm
LOL wonderland it was way too much for BHM I think. It wasnt racial though
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

Race, slavery, rape, death, physical or mental disabilities
i agree but after watchin lisa lampanelli.....i dont know. she made being handicapped sound so funny onceConfusedCry

LOL

but i agree with youStern Smile
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 5:04pm
I had an professor in college who, while in the middle of discussing the Vietnam war, mentioned that some of the american soldiers took advantage of the women. then he said he wish he'd had a piece of that action. People were cracking up. 

I have low tolerance for bullsh*t like that. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>